The Spirit Airlines pet policy allows small pets to travel with passengers in the cabin on most domestic flights. It is important to understand the specific policy of the airline to understand the requirements and prepare your pet for a safe and comfortable flight. The number of pets at Spirit Airline permitted on a particular journey is confined to one time. So, for more clarification, confirming airline availability is the first step for many airlines. You must bring your pet to a security checkpoint inspector for inspection.
The pet should be placed in containers that are inspected and approved by Spirit Airlines’ pet policy. Container dimensions cannot exceed 18 x 14 x 9 inches and must be mounted under the seat. At the airport, the pets will be handled as handbags one by one. Only light containers are approved in the cabin, and containers that may allow the pet’s head to come out are not qualified. Make sure the container meets all government requirements for reliable transportation.
The container must be inspected and approved and can be placed under the seat in front of guests traveling with their pets. Of all the dimensions (length x width x height), the largest container size is 18’x14’x9′(45.72 cm x 35.56 cm x 22.86 cm). The total weight of the pet and basket cannot exceed 18.14 kg. According to Spirit Airlines’ pet policy, the pets must always stay in the carrier and be able to stand, sit and move inside the container.
It is also mentioned in the Spirit Airlines pet policy that they do not accept pets on international flights other than service pets. Depending on your international destination, you may need specific documentation related to your caregiver. Please call the Spirit Visitor Service at 855-728-3555. One of their agents will be happy to check the target regulations for you.
About Spirit Airlines
The group started with Clipper Trucking and founded Spirit Airline in 1980. Spirit Airlines organized a service in April 1993 in Florida. Spirit quickly gained popularity, expanding its services from Detroit, and opening new markets within five years. Based in Florida. The headquarters was moved to its current location in November 1999.
Spirit Airlines is well known to be an ultra-low-cost airline in America and it operates in the Caribbean, Mexico, the United States of America, and Latin America. In February 2015, Spirit was a two-star airline based in the United States of America. They are still running after so many years because of their keen policies, they also provide group travel facilities.
Spirit Airlines is the most economical in the complete aviation industry. The airline’s innovative strategy has improved the growth of the travel market and has won praise from many airlines. The airline has often been chosen as the ‘North America Low-Cost Airlines.
Service & Freight Allowance
Spirit Airlines offers a variety of services for members and advertises the club’s price of $9. Members can enjoy extremely low rates, starting at as little as $10. A passenger freight allowance policy has been formulated, if passengers carry less luggage, they can benefit from low consumption. For bags weighing 18-23 kg, one bag is $25, for 23-32 kg is $50 and for 32-45 kg is $100. Length over 62 linear inches is $100, and over 80 linear inches long cost $150.
You can reserve flight tickets online for yourself and your pet on the official website here. You can also purchase seats according to your needs and budget. Online check-in opening time is a maximum of 24 hours and a minimum of 1 hour before the flight departure time.
Spirit Airlines Pet Policy For Reservation
As per the Spirit Airlines pet policy, to reserve your pet travel you must fill out the list with a representative, and contact the Spirit airlines reservation department at least 48 hours before travel. Allow additional time to board the plane which is not more than 4 hours to check-in pets before the departure flight timing. Bring a health certificate of your pet to ensure that there will be no delays.
Additionally, it is also important to understand the regulations regarding the Spirit Airlines pet policy while traveling with pets at your destination. If your destination country or region requires documents other than these, you can call Spirit Guest Service at 801-401-2222.
Spirit Airlines’ pet policy is willingly accepting pets in the cabin along with the passengers. Due to the limited space, only 6 pets can be accommodated in the cabin. You don’t need to think back twice before making a booking because, they also have this very sophisticated cancellation policy, that will help you in making online cancellation possible.
Due to the high cabin temperature, Spirit Airlines will not bring pets in luggage or container. Except for service animals, pets are not allowed on international routes according to the Spirit Airlines pet policy.
Carrier Requirements For Pet Travel
In addition to maximum size and weight, Spirit Airlines’ pet policy also expect passengers to meet the following requirements for pet carrier:
- The pet carrier must be leakage-proof and non-escapable.
- The pet carrier must provide enough space for the animal to sit, stand and move properly.
- The ventilation of the container should be good, but do not allow any part of the animal to protrude outside the container.
- The pet carrier must contain absorbents.
- The container has to be made of metal, wood, hard plastic, or composite materials.
- You should close the container tightly, but do not lock it.
Pet Travel Eligibility
According to the Spirit Airlines pet policy, only Cats, Dogs, and certain Birds are allowed in the cabin. Pets and carriers that meet the following conditions can travel in the cabin with the passenger:
- The pet carrier must be designed precisely for pet transport and is no more than 18 inches x 14 inches x 9 inches in dimension.
- Your pet can comfortably stay in the container and sit under the seat in front of you throughout the flight.
- You should be having all the pet’s health records needed at the destination.
- The maximum weight allowed for the pet to travel on the plane is 40 pounds, including the carrier.
- Charges for pet travel In-Cabin or as a Carry-On is $110 for just one-way.
Transporting Pet In Cargo
The Spirit Airlines pet policy currently has no pet travel regulations for baggage policy arrangement or luggage maintenance. This is because extreme temperature fluctuations in the cargo area can pose health risks. Spirit Airlines allows small pets to travel in the cabin on most domestic flights. It is important to understand the specific policy of the airline to understand the requirements and prepare your pet for a safe and comfortable flight.
Emotional Support And Service For Pet
Spirit Airlines’ pet policy accepts small pets such as cats, dogs, and small birds only, in the cabin and charges a service fee. Certain exotic pets such as reptiles, spiders, and rodents are not acceptable. Spirit Airlines will not transport live transportation at any time. Pet fees must be paid upon placing the order to keep the required shipping space in their stock.
Therapy animals are not as acceptable as service animals. Also, you have to ensure that the service animal you are carrying must be placed on your knees or the floor of the compartment. If the animal is large enough to grab a seat nearby, you may choose to purchase another seat. Nevertheless, animals cannot sit in airplane seats and your pet should always be with you. You can use the airport animal rescue area before boarding the plane to ensure your support animals are comfortable.
Except for snakes, spiders, rodents, super gliders, and all of the certain kinds of species, Spirit Airlines welcomes most emotional support animals. Even though airlines limit each person to one emotionally supportive animal for more than 4 months. Alternatively, the maximum number of service animals is 3 per passenger.
The pet documents required for emotional support at Spirit Airlines are the professional mental health form must be verified, the veterinary health form verification is required, and the passenger authorization.
Necessary Guidlines For Transporting Pets
- Except for travelers traveling with USVI, Spirit Airlines does not require health certificates for pets traveling with guests.
- Each pet container allows a maximum of 2 pets, but each guest can only bring one container.
- Exotic pets like spiders, snakes, rodents, etc. will not be approved by the airlines by any means.
- During the flight, your pet must be kept in the carrier and no part of it should come out of the container.
- If the animal becomes nasty or annoying before leaving the gate, it will conceal. Pets can not be sick, violent, or harmful.
- Spirit Airlines allows only small birds, domestic cats, small house dogs, and small house rabbits to be borrowed onboard.
- You can prefer to sit in any place other than the front row.
The type of breeds that may or may not fly with Spirit Airlines:
- Birds and rabbits are not permitted to travel to or from Puerto Rico or US cities.
- Spirit Airlines only allows small house dogs, domestic cats, little birds, and small house rabbits to be reserved on board.
- Snakes, spiders, rodents, and other foreign pets are not acceptable.
- Birds that are not considered birds include farm birds, waterfowl, wild birds, birds of prey, and flightless birds.
- Ferrets, scrapers, squirrels, and other reptiles are not permitted onboard.