Travel With Your Beloved Pet | Know About Sun Country Pet Policy
In this article, you will get an idea about Sun country airlines pet policy. Before that let’s talk about other details of Sun country airlines. Regarding the number of passengers carried and the fully facilitated service, Sun Country Airlines is the 11th largest airline in the U.S. and is an ultra-low-cost airline with fully dedicated service for their passengers.
The airline has its headquarters near Eagan, Minnesota, and is located at Saint Paul International Airport in Minneapolis. Sun Country Airlines, based in the Minneapolis-Saint Paul suburb of Mendota Heights, Minnesota, is an American low-cost airline. Eighty-six routes between Mexico, the Caribbean, the United States, and Central America are served by this airline. The cargo flights of Amazon Air are to be run by Sun Country Airlines and operate in Portland, Oregon, and Dallas/Fort Worth target cities.
Key points to remember before traveling with pets on Sun Country Airlines
- If you are traveling outside the country then you have to bear the vaccination certificate of your pet so that other countries can give entrance to their boundaries.
- Some countries have their own set of rules for pets, they restrict some breeds. So, always check the eligibility of your pets before traveling.
- Sun Country only allows one pet per ticket as carry-on baggage which can be fitted under the seat in front of passengers.
- Train your pet and make them familiar with the container so that they feel comfortable during the whole journey.
- You have to book your pet’s ticket 24 hours before the flight’s scheduled departure.
- If your pet is sick then don’t travel with your pet. Sun Country will not allow sick pets in the cabin as a precautionary step for your pets as well as co-passengers.
- Sun Country only allow your pet to travel if they had completed the age of 4 months.
- Your pet’s container must be designed in a manner that they can stand perfectly without touching their head to the roof and they can also move and turn easily.
- You can’t transport your pet for commercial purposes Sun country doesn’t allow this activity. It is against the law and a punishable offense.
- Your container’s size must fulfill the criteria of Sun Country’s pet policy. The required dimension of the container is 16”x11”x8” (LxWxH).
Guidelines: Sun country pet policy
Pets are permitted on Sun Country flights only by accepting the following policy. As carry-on or checked luggage, pets are accepted. For customers checking a pet as luggage, the following words apply:
- Prior to the trip, a reservation must be made.
- For customers traveling with pets in their baggage, Sun Country charges an extra fee, usually $199 charged on the day of departure. No Advance Payment.
- On all, non-stop domestic flights in the contiguous United States except in New York pets are accepted on the basis of some conditions.
- On international flights or multi-stop or related flights, pets are not accepted on the basis of some conditions.
- The weight of the kennel and the pet cannot exceed 100 lbs. All of you should notice this point when you people have plan to travel with a pet.
- In the same kennel, no more than two puppies or kittens younger than six months, under 20 pounds, and of the same species may be brought.
Animals must be checked-in at least 4 hours before the scheduled flight. On the same flight, customers and pets must ride, it is not allowed to travel on different flights, it’s a compulsory fact. Animals transported to the Sun Country may not be wet, calm, or have signs of a pre-existing illness or disease. To show the attendants, please have the health certificate and required documents of your pet ready upon check-in. For more details go through Sun country airlines contacts.
Key points to remember before traveling with
Onboard Pets- Sun Country Pet Policy
- Advance reservation is recommended for pets for a $124 non-refundable fee. It must be paid while doing your reservation.
- Walk-up request for approved pets for a $190 non-refundable fee if the limit of 4 pets per aircraft has not been reached.
- Your pet must be small enough to remain under the seat in front of you in its carrier.
- The carrier must comply with the following dimensions: 15″L x 10″W x 7″H”
- No more than 15 lbs for cats. The carrier dimension criteria above should be met.
- Your pet (in its carrier) counts as one regular carry-on item against your total carry-on allowance.
Pets are not allowed to fly to/from Anchorage on international flights or flights. Each passenger is allowed to carry on a flight one pet and one carrier. For each flight section, the price for a pet traveling in the main passenger cabin is $120-$125. (if booked in advance). The fee for a walk-up booking is $190-$199 if the 4-pet limit for the cabin has not been reached yet. Now you can manage your ticket online with the new manage booking policy that is both helpful and can be done from the ease of your home.
Container requirements- Sun Country Pet Policy
- Your container should be leaked-proof so that the surroundings in the aircraft have been clean from any waste material from your pets.
- The container for your pets must have proper ventilation points so that your pet can breathe properly and avoid suffocation.
- Your pet is known as a carry-on object in its carrier and must be included in your daily carry-on allotment.
- Only one pet is allowed per container, which is in the specific size that suits Sun Country’s pet policy without reaching or protruding from the sides. Your pet must be small enough to fit securely in a carrier and allow the pet to easily stand up and walkabout. This requirement can be fulfilled by most pets under 16 pounds.
- In a carrier that is not greater than 15′ L x 10′ W x 5′ H, the kennel must fit under the seat immediately in front of you. Throughout the whole journey, your pet must stay in its carrier, don’t allow it to bring out of that. Under a middle seat, your pet would be most comfortable.
- At the airport, Sun Country does not have carriers open.
Laws and Limitations- Sun Country Pet Policy
- Only one pet is permitted per ticketed passenger. Advance plans are required and there is limited availability.
- You might not be allocated a seat in row one, the exit row, or in the first row in Coach Class while traveling with a pet. The most desirable are middle seats that provide the maximum under-seat space. Owing to under-seat obstructions, aisle seats are undesirable. You can upgrade your seats according to ton your needs and requirements.
- Per flight, a maximum of four pets will be accepted as carry-on luggage.
- Pets will not be accepted in connection flights, please try to follow this point.
- Pets will not be accepted on stopover flights with a duration longer than five hours.
- In the case of an emergency, no oxygen is provided to a pet.
- You are responsible for dealing with federal, state, and local, or pet-related ordinances in effect.
Pets as checked – baggage- Sun Country Pet Policy
With Sun Country Reservations, a conditional reservation for each section must be booked. Since Sun Country Airlines will only allow 2 kennels per trip, if the reservation is not made in advance but directly at the check-in counter, there is no assurance that pets will be checked as luggage. Online check-in is not available for travelers traveling with pets and they must check-in at the ticket counter. At curbside check-in, pets will not be accepted, but only at the main Sun Country ticketing counter. Animals can not be checked out more than 4 hours before the scheduled departure time. Pets need to be at least 8 weeks old and weaned for at least 5 days in order to be admitted. Pets carried as checked luggage may not be in heat or have signs of a pre-existing illness, disease, or recent surgery documentation. You must also confirm that your pet is not sedated or reassured. Go through Sun country reservations to know more about essential details on making a reservation with your pet.
For more details Sun Country Airlines check-in.
Documents required- Sun country pet policy
For each pet transported as checked luggage, Sun Country Airlines needs a valid health certificate which must:
- Released no less than 30 days after departure.
- It includes the name of the pet and the breed, as well as the name and address of the passenger.
- Tell that the animal is in good health.
- List the inoculations administered.
- By a veterinarian, be signed and dated.
You must have an Acclimation Certificate that can be obtained from a veterinarian when you fly with your pet as checked luggage in the winter months (under 45 degree Fahrenheit), specifying that your pet is used at temperatures lower than 45 degree Fahrenheit.
Within 4 hours of check-in, you must log that your pet has been given food and water. It is important to provide feeding and watering instructions for a 24-hour span. In case their policies don’t work out well with you or your beloved pet then you can also make cancellation through their easy online cancellation policies.
Policy for service animals- Sun country pet policy
Sun Nation Airlines, without fee, welcomes qualified service animals on board. Psychiatric Assist and Emotional Support Animals are also approved if the passenger offers the necessary paperwork. In addition, Sun Country Airlines is expected to give advance notice to passengers flying with a Psychiatric Assist or Emotional Support Animal at least 48 hours prior to their initial flight. The Service Animal shall remain seated on the floor at the feet of the passenger and shall not be able to block an aisle or other emergency evacuation area. Passengers with disabilities must ensure that the animal’s health records are up-to-date and ready to hand while traveling outside the U.S. and its territories, in order to prevent delays or the risk of the animal being quarantined. Service Animals or Psychiatric Aid and Emotional Support Animals do not apply to the criteria related to the carrying of pets on Sun Country Airlines flights. For more details go through the Sun country homepage click here.