bura A journey of a train has come a long way in the times when we carried our own Boriya-bistar, heard the usual “chai garam, garam chai” sound of the tea vendor, and drank water from a surahi. The craziness of traveling back in time and experiencing the grand royalty interests and intrigues you, then luxury train in India might well exceed your expectations.
The luxury train is not just a means of transport, but journeys where you’re in no hurry to reach the destination. Managed by Indian Railways and the IRCTC, Nowadays, the time is of super-fast express trains, let’s explore the most luxurious train in India that let you travel like a royalty.
The elite luxury train of India cater to tourists are wish to explore the rich cultural heritage of India in the lap of luxury. You may step onboard the Luxury Train in India, and you go to a world overflowing in opulence while exuding an aura that transports you back to the days of Maharajas.
Traveling in these trains may give you matchless comfort onboard and allow travelers to explore some of the most popular tourist destinations of India. Take these luxury train tours in India to explore India in ways, not possible otherwise.
Their grandeur is evident from mind-boggling interiors, majestic ambiance, lavish gastronomical fare, stringent security arrangements, and almost everything you can imagine.
In India, there are a total of 6 luxury train those names are as such –
The Deccan Odyssey
This luxury train is the very site of the royal blue train makes you feel like you are climbing aboard a noble chariot, going out for an inspection of the conquered lands. This 5-star train indulgence on wheels boasts of opulently designed cabins that will leave you awestruck with their grandeur.
The train is riding through the majestic Western Ghats, the train covers parts of Maharashtra and other Konkan regions, giving travelers a glimpse of the Deccan Plateau, too. It has
1. 2 restaurants
2. 1 Bar
3. 1 sauna
4. 1 business center and other such amenities on board
5. It also has a library, mini gym, and a parlor
The train has plenty to do aboard, from multi-cuisine restaurants serving food presented by expert chefs, to a spa for relaxing massages, along with many other state-of-the-art facilities. This train is Managed by the Taj Group of Hotels, this train is designed to reflect the lives of Maharajas in the 16th century. This is an initiative of Maharashtra Tourism, the Deccan Odyssey is the perfect amalgamation of transport and luxury.
1. The splendor of Maharashtra Route- (Mumbai–Nasik–Ellora Cave–Ajanta Caves–Kolhapur–Goa–Ratnagiri–Mumbai)
2. Jewels of Deccan Route- (Mumbai–Bijapur–Aihole–Pattadakal–Hampi–Hyderabad–Ellora Caves–Ajanta Caves-Mumbai)
3. Indian Odyssey Route- (Delhi–Sawai Madhopur–Agra–Jaipur–Udaipur–Vadodara–Ellora Caves–Mumbai)
4. Indian Sojourn Route-(Mumbai–Vadodara–Udaipur–Jodhpur–Agra–Sawai Madhopur–Jaipur-Delhi)
5. Gujrat Hidden Treasures Route- (Mumbai–Vadodara–Palitana–Sasan Gir–Somnath–Little Rann of Kutch–Modhera–Patan –Nashik–Mumbai)
6. Wild Trail of Maharashtra Route- (Mumbai–Aurangabad–Ramtek–Tadoba–Ajanta–Nashik–Mumbai)
The Journey of this train, Deccan Odyssey operates starts from the month of October to April and the duration for all 6 routes is 7 nights, 8 days.
Fares are basically in two categories:
1. Indian travelers Fare: INR 3,71,900 + 4.5% Service tax
2. International travelers Fare: US$5,810 + 4.5% Service tax
Maharajas’ Express, Palace on Wheels
The Maharajas’ Express is a luxury beyond imagination. You may choose the golden tours of India, witnessing palaces, forts, and heritage properties. Best among all Indian luxury trains, Maharajas’ Express is also one of the most luxurious trains in the world. This train is voted as the “World’s Leading Luxury Train” for the years 2012, 2013, and 2014, consecutively.
This luxury train is made by the idea of exploring India’s heritage while on board a palace. In this train, there is a presidential suite that would you give any premium five-star hotel a run for its money, with private lounges, bedrooms, lavish washrooms, and a plush dining area. This train is half-a-mile long train boasts of professionals prepared and meet all the highest quality of hospitality, fully stocked bars, lavish suites, butler services and what not!
Travelers and visitors on board get the best experience and the richness of the country in the most distinguished way possible.
1. Indian Heritage (Mumbai-Ajanta–Udaipur–Jodhpur–Bikaner–Jaipur–Ranthambore–Agra–Delhi)
2. Indian Splendour (Delhi–Agra–Ranthambore–Jaipur–Bikaner–Jodhpur–Udaipur–Balasinor–Mumbai)
3. Indian Gems (Delhi–Agra-Ranthambore–Jaipur–Delhi)
4. Indian Treasures (Delhi–Agra–Ranthambore–Jaipur–Delhi)
5. Indian Panorama (Delhi–Jaipur–Ranthambore–Fatehpur–Sikri–Agra–Gwalior–Orchha–Khajuraho–Varanasi–Lucknow-Delhi)
This Train is operational from the month of October to April and plies on 5 different routes as mentioned above. The overall duration and cost of the ticket for these routes are as follows:
1. Indian Gems & Indian Treasure – 4-day journeys for INR 2,57,950 (approx) each
2. The Indian Panorama &Indian Splendour – 8 days journey for INR 4,00,660 (approx) each
3. Time has taken of Heritage of India – 8 days journey for INR 4,58,280 approx
Royal Rajasthan on Wheels
Experience the Rajput culture of valor and hospitality, and travel through many stunning palaces and fortresses built in the Rajputana region. As the name rightly suggests, this luxury train is as royal as it gets. This train, Royal Rajasthan on Wheels takes you through the rich heritage of Rajasthan.
From the Luxurious cabins are no less than princely abodes, with tastefully decorated interiors, imagery from Rajputana history, all the modern facilities of a luxury hotel, In the time of boarding the train, you are greeted with a grand musical red-carpet welcome and the warmth of hospitality that one expects from Rajasthani culture, like
- Fine Dining
- A souvenir coach that offers things like a beer mug, embossed leather jewelry product, cruet set, leather photo frame, and various other accessories.
Routes of this train are-
From- Starting to Delhi – Jodhpur – Udaipur – Chittorgarh – Sawai Madhopur – Jaipur – Khajuraho – Varanasi – Agra – and ends Delhi.
The total time of the journey is 7 nights, 8 days. In each city that it stops, tours to city attractions and famous historical places in India are included.
The Royal Rajasthan on Wheels train is operational from the month of October to march.
There are some top tourist attractions are covered on your journey in Royal Rajasthan on Wheels.
- Jodhpur – Mehrangarh Fort, Jaswant Thada
- Sawai Madhopur – Ranthambhore Palace and Ranthambore National Park, Amareshwar Mahadeo Temple
- Chittorgarh – Vijay Stambha, Gaumukh Reservoir, Rana Kumbha Palace
- Udaipur – Forts, palaces, and hotels of Udaipur
- Jaipur – City Palace, Hawa Mahal
- Khajuraho – Khajuraho Temples and
- Varanasi – Ganga Ghats, Sarnath
- Agra – Taj Mahal
In this train there are also two fare prices that are per cabin on a twin sharing basis:
1. International travelers Price: US$9,450 + 4.5% Service tax
2. Indian travelers Price: INR 5,67,000 + 4.5% Service tax
This train is an initiative by the Karnataka State Tourism Board, The Golden Chariot travels to a number of World Heritage Sites, making its way through the most beautiful natural wonders the country has to offer.
These elegantly designed trains are equipped with facilities fit for kings, offer breakfast in bed, and mesmerize you with the scenic routes. The ancient interiors complement the picturesque terrains through which the train travels. The compartment of this train is with purple and golden that connects important tourist spots in the states of Karnataka, Goa, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, and Pondicherry.
1. The train has 11 guest cabins, named after ruling dynasties, are intricately designed with elegant Mysore style furniture.
2. This award-winning train has also the internet connectivity and satellite antennae that provides live television service.
3. There is an Ayurveda spa center,
4. The tastefully maintained ambiance of the lounges is just sweet cherries on top of this very delicious cake.
6. 2 fine-dining restaurants
- SouthernSplendour(Bangalore–Chennai–Mahabalipuram–Pondicherry–Thanjavur–Madurai–Thiruvananthapuram– Alleppey–Kochi–Bangalore)
2. Pride of the South (Bangalore–Kabini–Mysore–Hassan–Hampi–Badami–Goa–Bangalore)
In this train, there are also two categories that start fares per cabin on a twin sharing basis for Such below.
The train is running from the month of October to March, and the duration for both the routes is 7 nights, 8 days.
Pride of the South:
- Indian travelers Fare- INR 3,08,000 + 4.5% Service tax
- International travelers Fare- US$8,260 + 4.5% Service tax
- Indian travelers Fare- INR 3,50,000 + 4.5% Service tax
- International travelers Fare- US$9,130 + 4.5% Service tax
Royal Orient Train
The journey by the Royal Orient Train gives you a delightful experience of traveling to famous tourist destinations onboard one of the best luxury trains in India. Apart from being highly luxurious, the train offers
- The palatial-style comfortable cabins
- Spacious baths
- Well-trained hospitality professionals,
- Multi-cuisine restaurant with the “Watering Hole” Bar,
- A library
This Luxury Train will give you almost all the facilities that come to your mind while imagining yourself in a 5-star hotel – Royal Orient Train has them.
Aimed at this luxury train is at taking out the passengers back to the age of kings, the train takes you through the two of the most vibrant states of India, Gujarat, and Rajasthan.
Starting from Delhi–Chittorgarh/Udaipur-Junagarh/Veraval- Sasan Gir/Dilwara–Palitana-Sarkhej-Ahmedabad-Jaipur-Delhi
This train is running all year round, and the total duration is 7 nights, 8 days.
The Major City of attractions on this route are:
- Delhi – Qutub Minar, Red Fort, Jama Masjid, India Gate
- Chittorgarh/Udaipur – Chittorgarh Fort, City Palace, boating in Lake Pichhola, Shilpgram and Royal Gardens
- Ahmedabad – Gandhi Ashram, Calico Museum of Textiles, Sidi Sayyad’s Mosque
- Mahabat Khanji, Somnath Temple on the shore of the Arabian Sea
- Sasan Gir National Park – Lion Sanctuary
- Dilwara – St. Paul’s church and Mandir Beach
- Junagarh/Veraval – Ashokan Rock EDICT of 3rd Century BC, Darbar Hall Museum, Mausoleum of Nawab
- Palitana – Jain Temple atop Shatrunjaya Hills
- Jaipur – Amar Fort and elephant ride, Hawa Mahal, City Palace, Jantar Mantar (observatory)
There are basically two fares are charged that is-
- October to March
- April to September
October to March-One cabin is allowed for per person for one night on twin sharing basis
- International travelers Price: US$200 + 4.5% Service tax
- Indian travelers Price: INR 7,480 + 4.5% Service tax
- International travelers Price: US$150 + 4.5% Service tax
- Indian travelers Price: Not Applicable
Fairy Queen Express
This luxury train is Powered by the oldest serving steam locomotive built in around 1855, Fairy Queen has its own charm as it rambles through to Alwar in Rajasthan. This is Last but not least, the Fairy Queen Express is one of the oldest trains providing the luxury train journeys in India.
The Train is mention in the “Guinness Book of World Records” and a “recipient of National Tourism Award”, Fairy Queen easily makes it to the list of the most luxurious train in India.
Train Route is:
Starting from- Delhi – Alwar – Sariska- Alwar – Delhi
This train is Runs from the month of October to March on the 2nd and 4th Saturdays of the month.
The Total Duration of this journey is 1 night, 2 days. The basic attractions at its two stoppages are – Sariska and Alwar – are:
- Sariska– Lake Palace, Sariska National Park
- Alwar– Alwar Museum
Total Price for the full package is-
INR 8,600 + Government taxes/Service taxes, That includes the two-way train journey + sightseeing/stay at Sariska for an adult.
In these wheels, journey is worth traveling at least once in your entire lifetime. In the Train, there are world-class facilities and stopovers for some journeys.
So now the time is to book yourself an exclusive train experience at any of these luxury trains, and travel through India like royalty! Make sure you take a journey on these luxury trains of India to know what’s so surreal about it. After all, experiences have the best answers.
So I hope this blog and information will help you to organize your trip and enjoy it without any stressful situation. Thank you for reading this and please share your experience with us.