Best Places To Visit In Switzerland To Hit On Nature’s Elegance
Ahhh!!! Switzerland. The name is enough to mesmerize your soul.
As we all know Switzerland is that country of Europe which is a must in everyone’s Wonderlust who are keen to travel or explore. In winter, though there are many best European cities to visit. But this place turns into the real heaven on earth among all.
Switzerland is the most popular country which is officially named “Confoederatio Helvetica”. The city is not so big and it sits smack dab in the middle of the Alps. Standing at the top giving a look all around, you will get a beautiful 360-degree scenic view.
The best places to visit in Switzerland are traped between plenty of lakes and mountains that add to a perfect picture postcard photos. Furthermore, there are many other Switzerland sightseeing which tourists from all over the world wish to visit and love to have the opportunity to allure the mother-nature.
The places to see as Switzerland tourist attractions are not so obvious to explain until you have been there yourself.
List Of Best Switzerland Tourist Places
Interlaken is a homely town popularly known as the holiday resorts of Switzerland, situated in central Switzerland covered between the Bernese Oberland region.
The town is lined between two lakes: Lake Thun in the west and Lake Brienz to the east. The town is one of the best places to visit in Switzerland, surrounded by the high stretched mountains. In early years tourists travel to this particular town only to breath the fresh cold air and enjoy nature.
Some Facts of Interlaken:
- More than 45 mountain railways, cable cars, chairlifts, and ski lifts.
- Surrounded by three mountains the Eiger, the Jungfrau, and the month
- There is a base camp for outdoor activities in the surrounding Bernese Oberland Alps.
- The city is most popular is a classic dish of the city, Raclette made from cheese.
- The city is looking more beautiful in the summer season rather than in the winter season.
Geneva is the second-largest city which is located in the riverbank of Lake Geneva, making it one of the best places to visit in Switzerland. Apart from natural beauty, the city is known as a financial center worldwide and moreover nicknamed as “Capital of peace”.
Geneva top attractions engulf international influences reign supreme. Its a home of the International Red Cross Committee and it is also the European headquarters of the united nations, and 20 other international organizations which are Geneva must-see locations.
Some Facts of Geneva:-
- Geneva is known as “Green city” or “city of the park” because 20% of its land is covered with parks.
- Jet d’Eau, a famous fountain in lake Geneva shooting water 150 meters high up in the air.
- Opera House and Grand Theatre is a cultural place which attracts people a lot.
- In the month of June and July, on the foot of the Alps, and beside Lake Geneva, Montreux hosts the world most popular Montreux jazz festival.
The city is Switzerland’s capital. Their picturesque medieval that holds a history of days back to the 12 century. And there is also a history behind that it does not a part of the Swiss territory until the 16th century becoming the Bern tourist attractions.
Sometimes the city is overlooked for flashier swiss cities like Zurich and also the Geneva making tourists visit Bern. The city is also recognized as the UNESCO by the old town, which has to list up in the best places to visit in Switzerland.
Some Facts Of Bern:-
- The old town center offers you a beautiful view of the Rose Garden.
- The city has many art museums and art-lovers will adore the impressive galleries.
- In the Bundesplatz square is an area where you will have views of the elegant Renaissance-style government parliaments that is Bundeshaus.
- Some more historical sites are Bern must-see like Munster and Gothic cathedral that comes from the old town and not forget its town hall.
To know the real soul of Switzerland then do come to explore the city, Lucerne which has all of its life by itself. Thus has many places to see in Lucerne, making the city the most popular spot for tourist attraction.
It is famous for its culture and tradition, thus every year there are music concerts held, which is quintessential swiss city lure is renowned by soloists, conductors, and orchestras in his annual international music festival. And being part of this music show is something the best thing to do in Switzerland, Lucerne.
Some Facts of Lucerne:-
- The city’s most popular area is the Chapel Bridge, it was built in the 14th century.
- The city has a small park that lies in the popular Lion Monument it is a poignant sculpture of a dying lion.
- There is a Swiss transport museum that holds all the history buffs.
- There is a local specialty that is puff pastry, veal, and mushrooms doused in a cream sauce.
Apart from all these things, the main attraction is Lake Lucerne which is the Second largest lakes in the country and gives such a mesmerizing view from the bank sitting alone enjoying one of the most beautiful lakes in the world.
The city is the largest town in Switzerland, Zurich is considered to be the cleanest city with great living standards for over a few years. The city is one of the most popular Switzerland tourist attractions points.
Zurich is situated at the northwestern end of the lake that is Zurich astride the river Limmat. In this wonderful place, you can plan your romantic vacation with your partner. Even more, if you are a food lover than its really a foodie haven for them.
Some Facts of Zurich city:-
- The city has 50 museums and 100 art galleries.
- The gothic chateau that shows the culture of Switzerland.
- There have multiple numbers of nightclubs that travelers who enjoying out at night.
- Swiss National museum that holds all history and culture of Switzerland is the most popular tourist attraction point.
Basically, Zermatt is the biggest adventurous area of Switzerland. As you can see in the image, the huge high standing, Matterhorn peak. Rest at the foot of this Valais zone, this beautiful town is settled.
While exploring adventurous trails in Zermatt, you have fun with skiing, climbing, hiking, etc all over the year. For more fun, drive little to the small chocolate town near this city. Overall, there are many places to visit in Switzerland, which will make your vacation to this country worth.
Some Facts of Zermatt:-
- The crowd of climbing the high Matterhorn peak is about 3000 annually.
- Zermatt’s Matterhorn Museum showcasing some unique useables of the great climbers who reached the peak.
- Marmot fountain dedicated to the Ulrich Inderbinen, the eldest mountaineer.
By the end of this blog, we hope you have got a glance image of Switzerland, which will offer a great beautiful location as tourist places to visit in Switzerland.
Not only this, if you plan to have a memorable vacation with your partner, then Switzerland would be one of the best romantic destination for you. Apart from this if you are searching for adventure in the lands of Switzerland, you will get that too.
So don’t waste time just by thinking of the vacation, but take a step towards your dream of exploring the best places to visit in Switzerland, by booking your tickets to the country which is fully blessed with nature.