Booking a group trip to your favourite domestic or international destination on a Turkish Airlines flight is a very simple process. Also, when it comes to choosing a cabin, there are not many options available, since the best online travel websites offer Economy and Business Class seats.
When you normally book a reservation on Turkish Airlines, the airline carrier allows you to purchase tickets for up to 7 passengers travelling on international flights and up to 9 passengers on domestic flights and have the best route map. However, in case if you want to book a reservation for a larger group, for example, 10 or more persons, you will need to contact one of their partner travel agencies.
In this guide, we will take a look at how to book group travel tickets on a Turkish Airlines flight.
Steps to Book Group Tickets on Turkish Airlines Online
Booking a group trip on Turkish Airlines Online website is a very common option. It’s quick, too! As already mentioned above, you can book up to 7 passengers on international flight and up to 9 passengers on domestic flight.
Thus, the steps given below shows how to book a group travel ticket online via Turkish Airlines’ website.
1. On your computer or smartphone device, open a web browser and go to Turkish Airlines’ official website https://www.turkishairlines.com.
2. When you are on their website, you will immediately see the “Book a flight” section selected automatically that will allow you to book your reservation. Here, you can choose your trip type, departure city, destination city, date of travel, class of cabin and number of passengers. After making your desired selections, then click the right arrow located next to the cabin and passenger selection.
Note: You can select either an Economy Class or Business Class cabin. As with the number of passengers, this is limited to 9 passengers travelling on a domestic flight and 7 on an international flight. If you wish to add more passengers to your group reservation, you will need to contact Turkish Airlines via phone.
3. It will now search for all available flight options, including routes. Here, you can also choose your desired route.
4. Next, you will be required to provide your information, including your contact details. After entering your details, click the Continue button to proceed to the check-out page.
5. Once you have provided all the required details, a summary of your flight information will be displayed on your screen, along with fees and taxes. When you complete the payment process, your ticket will be issued to you.
You will also receive a confirmation via e-mail. You can show this confirmation at the airport, at the boarding gate and during onboarding.
Booking Group Reservations through Turkish Airlines’ Customer Service Centre or Partner Travel Agency
In addition to booking group travel tickets online on Turkish Airlines’ website, which however, limits the number of passengers, you can book plane tickets for larger groups by contacting their customer service centre or travel agency at airport ticketing counters.
Alternatively, you may also visit a nearby travel agency or have your group reservation done on a third-party travel website. If you choose a third-party travel website, the steps are more or less the same as given above.
Also, you can contact Turkish Airlines’ customer service centre to assist you with booking group tickets. If you are residing in a different country and want to contact Turkish Airlines’ reservation centre, you can find their regional call centre phone numbers on their website.
For instance, if you are living in the United States, you can contact the airline’s customer centre at +1-800-874-8875.
Given below are a few steps that are required for booking group travel tickets via Turkish Airlines’ customer service centre.
1. Using your mobile phone or a fixed line phone, call Turkish Airlines’ customer service centre on the number provided based on your region. If you are contacting the airline carrier’s reservation centre from within Turkey, the phone number is 0850 333 0 849 or 0850 333 2 538.
2. If you are residing in a foreign country and want to contact Turkish Airlines’ reservation centre, you will first need to go to their website. After that, scroll down to the bottom of the page, click the “Turkish Airlines” menu and select the Get In Touch option from the sub-menu.
3. You will be automatically directed to a page where you can select your country/city from the available list. The phone number will be displayed when you select your region.
4. Now, using the region-based phone number, you can contact their reservation centre and request for a group travel ticket. When you dial the phone number, you may be greeted with an automated voice service. There will be a couple of options to choose from. So, select your desired option by pressing the key/button on your phone that is associated with the option. You will be connected to a live person in a moment’s time.
5. The representative assisting you over the phone will ask you to provide the necessary details that are required to process your request. This may also include your personal information, contact information and travel details.
Note: Fares can vary depending on the number of passengers you select in your group reservation, your flight’s route etc.
6. When your details have been verified and the reservation process is completed successfully, your ticket will be issued to you.
Also, you will receive your flight confirmation on the e-mail that you have provided to the agent at the time of booking your group reservation.
Whether you are travelling with children, friends or co-workers on Turkish Airlines, they no doubt, have a wide selection of destinations in more than a hundred countries. The airline carrier also claims that they already provide the lowest possible fares for any type of flight you select and any number of passengers you travel with.
Also Read: Upgrade Seats On Turkish Airlines