Delta Airlines is one of America’s largest commercial airline carriers that transports over a million passengers from the United States each year. In addition to catering to short and long-distance flights, it also offers various services that passengers can avail of either at the airport or via the airline’s website. Here you will learn more about Delta Airlines Customer Service.
Now, although many passengers are satisfied with the services that are offered by Delta, on the other hand, there may also be a few, who may not have had a pleasant experience, in some way or the other. If, however, such a situation does arise and you want to reach out to the company to address your complaint or grievance, then the first line of contact will be through their customer support service. There are a couple of ways to contact Delta’s customer support representatives and these are usually in the form of phone calls, live chat, e-mail, online feedback, and social media.
In this guide, we are going to provide you with simple steps on how to file a complaint with Delta Air Lines’ customer service, in case you are not happy with any of their services.
Steps to Make a Complaint to Delta Airlines Complaints Customer Service
One can make a complaint about a product or service offered by Delta to the company’s customer service department. In the following sections, we have provided the steps required to contact Delta and have your delta complaints or concerns addressed to them that require effective resolution.
A. Complain via Direct Phone Call
In order to make a complaint to the customer service of Delta Air Lines via direct phone call, simply follow the steps given below.
1. If you want to speak directly to one of Delta’s customer support representatives, using your mobile phone or a fixed-line phone, dial their toll-free support phone number +1 (844) 283 4016 or +1 (800) 455 2720. Their service is available from 08:00 till 19:00 hours (Monday through Friday).
2. Most common problems that passengers complain about are flight reservation, delay, cancellation, refund, complaints compensation, baggage delay or loss, etc.
3. When you dial Delta’s customer service number, you are usually greeted by an automated voice system, which then connects you to the designated live person. If you want to make a complaint about a service you are not happy with, you can speak to the person on the other line to have your concern addressed and resolved, as soon as possible.
4. Many passengers often get their problems resolved on the first phone call they make to Delta’s customer service. However, if you were not so fortunate, you can always try making a second phone call, which will land you to another representative.
5. If your problem was not resolved even after making several phone calls, don’t give up just yet. There are other ways as well.
If you feel that talking to a few customer service representatives still did not prove helpful, the next step is to try contacting them via e-mail.
B. Complaint via E-mail
In order to make a complaint to the customer service of Delta Air Lines via e-mail, simply follow the steps given below.
1. Delta’s customer service representatives can be contacted via e-mail as well. Their official support e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. All you need is either a desktop computer, laptop, tablet, or smartphone device connected to the internet (via LAN/Ethernet cable or Wi-Fi).
3. When you have access to the internet on your choice of device, log in to your e-mail account.
4. Now, you will need to address your concern in the e-mail, which should be as concise as possible. Once you wrote your complaint, hit the Send button and your message will be delivered to Delta’s customer support.
5. Responding to your e-mail can take from a few hours to even a few days.
If you feel that sending an e-mail to Delta did not prove helpful, the next step is to try contacting them through the online feedback method.
C. Complain via Submitting Your Grievances Online
In order to make a complaint to the customer service of Delta Air Lines via online feedback, simply follow the steps given below.
1. On your device connected to the internet, visit Delta’s official website https://www.delta.com.
2. You may be required to log in with your customer account.
3. After having logged in, click the Customer Service link that can be found at the bottom of the page. You will be presented with a list of choices. Select the Need Help option to proceed.
4. You will then be redirected to a page that contains a list of all known issues/problems that customers have faced in the past. Select the one that closely fits your concern.
5. After making your selection, you may be required to provide a few additional details, depending on the kind of concern you have. Click the Submit to have your complaint sent to the customer service department.
Again, this process may take some time for Delta’s customer service team to respond back to you, with or without a solution. If this was also of no avail to you, don’t lose hope yet. There is another method to get in touch with them, and that is through their social media channels.
D. Complain via Social Media Platform
In order to file a complaint to the customer service of Delta Air Lines via their social media channels, simply follow the steps given below.
2. Delta’s social media channels remain active around the clock. So, you can easily chat with an available support representative any time of the day and night, and from anywhere.
3. Once you are connected to their live chat session, all you need to do is explain in short, your concern or complaint with regard to a service that you are currently not happy with.
4. If your complaint is of a minor category, then chances are, it may be resolved immediately. However, if your complaint with regard to the service is a complex one, then it may get escalated to a higher authority, which certainly may take some extra time and your patience as well.
5. If your complaint is taken care of promptly, you will usually be informed via phone or e-mail, whichever you have provided to them.
In today’s time, communication on social media has grown exponentially. Thus, for this reason, companies of all sizes and industries have expanded their customer support services by adopting the social media platform. Also, for many customers, this platform becomes very convenient, instead of waiting in the queue when making a direct phone call.
E. Complain via Letter
In order to make a complaint to the customer service of Delta Air Lines via writing a letter, simply follow the steps given below.
- Writing a letter to the airline is one of the most traditional method in which a person send a letter and give a suggestion or file comments and complaints to the delta airlines complaint department.
- You can contact them by sending letter on the address Delta Air Lines Inc., P.O. Box 20706, Atlanta, GA 30320.
- This is an ideal way to get in touch diectly to the airline because sometimes your call may not be answered or on social media your post may be ignored but in almost every situation they respond to the written letter or you can fill a delta complaint form.
- You have to write a formal letter in which you have to mention about your concern clearly. Try to write the letter in short and precize words so that it will be easy to understand.
- To send your letter you have to post it on your nearby post office with the required legal stamps. and once your letter is received by the airline authorities you will get revert with in 30 days after receiving the letter.
This process is slightly slow as compare to other methods but this traditional method is the most effective way to reach the airline and many changes to get the revert.
Do your Complaints Addressed by Delta’s Customer Service?
This can be a ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ answer for many people who have flown on Delta airlines, nationally and internationally. Such experiences are completely personal and vary from one individual to another.
However, you may write your complaint and post it to Delta’s customer service mailing address, which is given below.
Delta Air Lines, Inc.
Customer Care P.O. Box 20980, Department 980
Atlanta, Georgia (GA) 30320-2980
Delta’s customer service has all the possible communication options available to ensure their customers are able to quickly get in touch with the customer service representatives.