United Airlines is one of America’s largest commercial airline carriers that transports over a million passengers to and from the United States each year. In addition to catering to short and long distance flights, it also offers various services that passengers can avail either at the airport or via the airline’s website. Check Out How to complaint To United Airlines Customer Service.
Now, although many passengers are satisfied with the services that are offered by United, on the other hand, there may also be a few, who may not have had a pleasant experience, in some way or the other. If, however, such a situation does arise and you want to reach out to the company to address your complaint or grievance, then the first line of contact will be through their customer support service. There are a couple of ways to contact United’s customer support centre and these are usually in the form of a phone call, live chat, e-mail, online feedback and social media.
In this guide, we are going to provide you with simple steps on how to make a complaint to United Airlines’ customer service, in case you are not happy with any of their services.
Issues for Which You Can Contact United Airlines Customer Service
Though it is unusual, but there may be moments when you experience a problem with United Airlines’ services. This could be anything – from a non-trivial inconvenience to a more severe issue that requires special attention.
The most commonly occurring issues or problems that can be encountered by passengers when flying with United Airlines, or any other airlines, for that matter, are listed as under:
• Negligence in oral and/or written communications with passengers
• Flight reservation
• Flight delayed
• Flight cancelled
• Flight overbooked/oversold
• Connecting flights and stopovers
• Baggage arrival delayed
• Baggage lost/misplaced
• Other items lost
• On-site accommodation
• Ground transportation
• Other airport facilities and services
• Staff behaviour
Problems are unpredictable. However, there are solutions available to tackle such unforeseen problems by the respective airline operator, in this case, it is United Airlines.
Steps to Make a complaint To United Airlines Customer Service
One can make a complaint about a product or service offered by United to the company’s customer service centre. In the following sections, we have provided the steps required to contact United and have your complaints or concerns addressed to them that requires effective resolution.
A. Complain via Direct Phone Call
In order to make a complain to the customer service of United Airlines via direct phone call, simply follow the steps given below.
1. If you want to speak directly to one of United’s customer support representatives, using your mobile phone or a fixed line phone, dial their toll free support phone number +1 800 864 8331. Their service is available 24 hours and on all days.
2. Most common problems that passengers complain about are flight reservation, delay, cancellation, refund, compensation, baggage delay or lost, MileagePlus etc.
3. When you dial United’s customer service number, you are usually greeted by an automated voice system, which then connects you to the designated live person. If you want to make a complaint about a service you are not happy with, you can speak to the person on the other line to have your concern addressed and resolved, as soon as possible.
4. Many passengers often get their problems resolved on the first phone call they make to United’s customer service. However, if you were not so fortunate, you can always try making a second phone call, which will land you to another representative.
5. If your problem was not resolved even after making several phone calls, don’t give up just yet. There are other ways as well.
If you feel that talking to a few customer service representatives still did not prove helpful, the next step is to try contacting them via e-mail.
B. Complain via E-mail
In order to make a complain to the customer service of United Airlines via e-mail, simply follow the steps given below.
1. United’s customer service representatives can be contacted via e-mail as well.
2. All you need is either a desktop computer, laptop, tablet or smartphone device connected to the internet (via LAN/Ethernet cable or Wi-Fi).
3. When you have access to the internet on your choice of device, log in to your e-mail account.
4. Now, you will need to address your concern in the e-mail, which should be as concise as possible. Once you written your complain, hit the Send button and your message will be delivered to United’s customer support.
5. Responding to your e-mail can take from a few hours to even a few days.
If you feel that sending an e-mail to United did not prove helpful, the next step is to try contacting them through the online feedback method.
C. Complain via Submitting Your Grievances Online
In order to make a complaint to the customer service of United Airlines via online feedback, simply follow the steps given below.
1. On your device connected to the internet, visit United’s official website https://www.united.com.
2. You may be required to log in with your customer account.
3. After having logged in, click the customer service link that can be found at the bottom of the page. You will be presented with a list of choices. Select the relevant option to proceed.
4. You will then be redirected to a page that contains a list of all known issues/problems that customers have faced in the past. Select the one that closely fits your concern.
5. After making your selection, you may be required to provide a few additional details, depending on the kind of concern you have. Click the Submit to have your complaint sent to the customer service department.
Again, this process may take some time for United’s customer service team to respond back to you, with or without a solution. If this was also of no avail to you, don’t lose hope yet. There is another method to get in touch with them, and that is through their social media channels.
D. Complain via Social Media Platform
In order to make a complain to the customer service of United Airlines via their social media channels, simply follow the steps given below.
1. You can contact them and address your concerns on their Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/United or on their Twitter handle @United at https://twitter.com/united.
2. United’s social media channels remain active around the clock. So, you can easily chat with an available support representative any time of the day and night, and from anywhere.
3. Once you are connected to their live chat session, all you need to do is explain in short, your concern or complaint with regard to a service that you are currently not happy with.
4. If your complaint is of a minor category, then chances are, it may be resolved immediately. However, if your complaint with regard to the service is a complex one, then it may get escalated to a higher authority, which certainly may take some extra time and your patience as well.
5. If your complaint is taken care of promptly, you will usually be informed via phone or e-mail, whichever your have provided to them.
In today’s time, communication on social media has grown exponentially. Thus, for this reason, companies of all sizes and industry have expanded their customer support services by adopting the social media platform. Also, for many customers, this platform becomes very convenient, instead of waiting in the queue when making a direct phone call.
Are Your Complaints Addressed by United’s Customer Service?
This can be a ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ answer for many people who have flown on United Airlines, nationally and internationally. Such experiences are completely personal and varies from one individual to another.
However, you may write your complaint and post it to United’s customer service mailing address, which is given below.
United Airlines, Inc.
900 Grand Plaza Drive NHCCR
Houston, Texas (TX) 77067 4323
United’s customer service has all the possible communication options available to ensure their customers are able to quickly get in touch with the customer service representatives.