The Fairy Queen train firstly started its journey in the East Indian Railway in the year 1855. Due to some reasons, the train stop from running in the year 1908, but in the year 1997, it again started with the cooperation of Indian Railways. In the period from 1908 to 1997, it was kept in the National Rail Museum.
Nowadays, the Fairy Queen is the oldest steam running locomotive in the world and the name of fairy Queen train is recorded in the prestigious Guinness Book of World Records. This train is also awarded by the National Tourism Award.
Here is the complete information from head to toe of the journey of the heritage rail: Fairy Queen .
All the latest information You need to have in 2021/2022 are here on this place. Go through the entire article to keep yourself updated.
Fairy Queen Express: Price, Route, Booking
1. Fairy Queen Engine
On this train, there are only two royal coaches with all modern facilities. The First coach of train contains fifty seats and the second coach of the train is using as a pantry car. There is an extra area of the lounge in front of the carriage provides a better view of the old engine. Fairy Queen train is fully AC with all the basic facilities. This train is popular because of the Locomotive Engine which is one of the oldest steam engines in the whole world.
This train is a luxury tourist train, running between Delhi and Alwar. Fairy Queen train is moving majestically the oldest steam engine.
Some Basic information of Fairy Queen Engine
|Steam Locomotive Engine of Fairy Queen|
|Cylinders (Dia X Stroke) in inches||Outside 201/4 * 28|
|Boiler Barrel (Length between tube plates) * Dia||15’10 5/8 * 6’3 3/8|
|Total Heating Surface (Tubes+Fire box)||2901 sqft|
|Boiler Pressure||210 lb/sq.In.|
|Tractive Effort at 75% of boiler pressure||30600 lbs|
|Grate area||46 sq.ft|
|Makers||Canadian Locomotive Co., |
Baldwin Loco. Works, Wiener Locomotivfabrik,
Chittaranjan Locomotive Works
|Year of Manufacture||1946-1947|
2. Fairy Queen Train Route
Here are some pieces of information about the route/journey of the train. Fairy Queen’s journey starts from Delhi via Alwar, Sariska and ultimately ends in Delhi.
- Fairy Queen Journey(2 Day and 1 Night) Item 2
Alwar is a city or town in the state of Rajasthan, in India. The distance of the city is approx 160 km from Delhi and around 150 km from Jaipur (Capital of Rajasthan). This city holds many interesting and Historical Monuments. Alwar city is world-famous for the tourist destination.
Major Tourist Attraction Point in Alwar
- The famous Tiger Reserve of India, Sariska Wildlife Sanctuary
- The Bala Quila, a massive ancient fort situated on a hill
- The Vinay Vilas Mahal
- The city palace complex Other than historical monuments
- The city has a rich natural heritage with some beautiful lakes and picturesque valley thickly wooded in parts
- The tomb of Tarang Sultan
This place is an ideal leisure spot for those people who interested in wildlife and ancient architecture. The town has the ruins of 9th and 10th-century temples. In this wildlife sanctuary, there is a Siliserh Lake, that is another tourist attraction place, which is inhabited by crocodiles.
The Tiger Reserve is most popular for its magnificent tigers, leopards, Wild Dog, Jungle Cat, Hyena, Jackal, Sambar, Chital, Nilgai, Chausingha, various species of birds including Bush Quails, Sand Grouses, Tree Pies, Golden-backed Woodpeckers, Crested Serpent Eagles, and Great Indian Horned Owls.
Some Special Arrangements For Passengers.
- Cultural Program and theme dinner
- One night stay at Hotel Tiger Den
- Jeep Safari for the Sariska National Park
3. Journey Details
Months Of Operation- January to April
|January||13th and 27th|
|February||10th and 24th|
|March||10th and 24th|
|April||14th and 28th|
2 days Journey Details
1st Day on Fairy Queen Train Approximate Reporting Time
|8:30 am||Report at Delhi Cantt. Railway |
|9:00 am||Train Departs (Journey Begins)|
|1:00 pm||Lunch on Train|
|3:00 pm||Reach Alwar Railway Station|
|3:20 pm||Arrive Sariska|
|4:30 pm||Arrive at Hotel|
|7:30 pm||Dinner/ Night stay at Hotel|
|2nd Day On Fairy Queen|
|6:30 am (Morning)||Jeep safari for Sariska |
|9:30 am||After returning from, |
breakfast at Hotel
|12:00 pm||Departure Sariska to Alwar |
|12:45 pm||Arrive at Alwar Railway Station|
|1:00 pm||Train Departs to Delhi Cantt. |
4. Fairy Queen Train Fare
Packages of Fairy Queen Train Approximate Fare
|Packages||Child (5 to 12 Years)||Adult|
|Full Package||5200 Rs||10,500 Rs|
|One way journey from Delhi to Alwar + sightseeing/stay at Sariska||3950 Rs||7900 Rs|
|One way journey from Delhi to Alwar only||1700 Rs||3500 Rs|
|One way journey from Delhi to Rewari||950 Rs||1900 Rs|
|One way journey from Rewari to Alwar||900 Rs||1700 Rs|
- In case of some technical issues with Steam Engine, the Fairy Queen train is run by Diesel/Electric Engine.
- The responsibility of Lawrence Travels & Tours Pvt Ltd, New Delhi is restricted to that of Booking Agent Only.
- The tour of Fairy Queen Train will operate subject to a minimum of 10 passengers.
- All the information are display on the website is provided by the Indian Railways/IRCTC.
5. Services Free With Tickets
The Ticket of Fairy Queen Train includes some basic things like:
- On the train, all meals like- Breakfast, \lunch, and dinner with tea/coffee provided on board or in hotels.
- All guests are requested to adhere to the specified timings to preventing inconvenience to other group members
- All meals in the hotel are on buffet arrangement.
- Breakfast will be provided to the travelers after return from jungle safari at hotel Tiger Den.
There is a word, Old is Gold and that word is best suits for Fairy Queen Train. Because of its Steam Locomotive Engine that is most popular among travelers. This train is best for those who want to see the places under its luxury and comforts. Above the information is given to guide or helping in your trip while you plan to travel in this India’s best Luxury train Journey.
I hope you like this article. We tried to put in as much information as we can in it. do leave a comment in the comment box. It will help us to know our audience better. So that, we can make content better for you.
Thanks for reading…