Frontier Airlines is one of America’s low-cost airline carriers based in Denver that caters to over a hundred destinations, both domestic and international combined. Here is Frontier Airlines Discount Den Subscription Program. The airline is known for offering cheap fares to its customers, but it is possible to save even more on these cheap fares with something called a Discount Den membership.
In this travel guide prepared by Treknova, we will give you a detailed review of the Frontier Airlines Discount Den subscription program, including its benefits, prices, and what to expect with your savings.
Also learn about What Happens If You Miss Your Flight With Frontier Airlines
A Quick Look at Frontier’s Discount Den Membership Program
In addition to offering low fares, Frontier offers its customers more ways to save on travel through their Discount Den Fare Club. Thus, at just $59.99 per year, members have exclusive access to DEN deals, Frontier’s LOWEST fares, and more.
The savings are even greater for families or if you tend to travel in groups. So long as the member is on the reservation, any discounted fare can apply to up to six travelers on your reservation. Additionally, Frontier’s “Kids Fly Free” program is only available to Frontier Airlines Discount Den Subscription Program members. On select flights, a child aged 14 years or younger can fly free with the purchase of an adult Discount Den fare. Frontier claims that members save an average of $114 per year, which is almost double the cost of a Frontier Airlines Discount Den Subscription Program membership. The premise is that members will enjoy savings on flights that outweigh the cost of the annual fee.
Main Benefits of Frontier Airlines Discount Den Subscription Program
Below are the benefits that you can avail when you become a member of the Frontier Airlines Discount Den subscription program.
- You can join Frontier Airlines Discount Den Subscription Program subscription for just $59.99 and save up to $10-$30 per flight and if you fly with your six members then it will count as $10 per ticket assuming $60 per flight.
- For a new member who is using the first time then the charge is $99.99 for which $50 + $40 enrollment charge.
- Savings are unlimited for one full year.
- The fares are available for up to 9 people on your reservation, as long as you are on the same reservation with the other passengers
- Only valid Kids Fly Free rights, one kid under 15 years can fly for free for every adult Discount Den fare purchased
- There is exclusive access to the LOWEST fares
- As a member, you will earn FRONTIER Miles for every flight
- To make it even easier, your Discount Den membership number is the same as your FRONTIER Miles account number
- You will be the first to hear about new offers, promotions, and new destinations through notifications.
The airline further states on their website that with a Frontier Airlines Discount Den Subscription Program subscription you will have exclusive access to Frontier’s LOWEST available fares. Better yet, the savings continue all year long, which means the more you fly, the more you save.
Eligibility Criteria to Join Discount Den Membership
In order to become a member of the Frontier Airlines Discount Den subscription program, you must be at least 18 years old to enroll in the program. Also, you will need to have a FRONTIER Miles membership, which is Frontier’s frequent flyer program. In case you don’t have one, then a FRONTIER Miles account will be created for you.
How to Join Frontier Airlines’ Discount Den Membership
Signing up for Frontier Airlines Discount Den Subscription Program membership is a pretty quick process.
- First, you must sign up to become a member of Frontier’s frequent flyer program called Frontier Miles.
- Once you log into your MyFrontier account, you can then proceed with enrolling in the Discount Den program. If you do not have an account, you can sign up for one during the reservation purchase process.
As mentioned already, you must be at least 18 years old to join Frontier Airlines Discount Den Subscription Program.
- Then you will need to pay the $59.99 fee upfront, which will give you access for an entire year. Although the membership will renew automatically every year, you can, however, cancel your membership at any time. But, bear in mind that the membership fee is not refundable.
While the Discount Den membership is not transferable, other members can still take advantage of the low fares when traveling on the same reservation. So, only one person in your group needs membership for everyone to avail of its benefits.
Here we have a Guide on How To Book Cheap Flights on Frontier Airlines and Enjoy Your Travel
How to Book Discount Den Fare
When you become a Discount Den member, you can take advantage of as many Discount Den fares as you want. Thus, the more you fly, the greater will be your savings.
In order to see how a standard Frontier fare stacks up against a Discount Den fare, simply conduct a route search on their website Flyfrontier.com. Their Discount Den fares are typical $10-30 cheaper than Frontier’s standard price, so it will take anywhere from 2-6 flights in one year to make the membership worth it. Again, this can be easily done if you fly often or if you tend to travel with multiple people.
When you search for a flight on the Frontier Airlines website, you will see it is clearly indicated when there is a Discount Den fare. Just look for the green box with the little bear on the top right corner.
Limitations of Frontier’s Kids Fly Free Program
On some flights, children are allowed to fly for free. But, this could have a negative impact on your savings. If two adults are flying with the Discount Den fares, then two kids could fly for free, which means that you could save a couple of hundred dollars with this membership. The catch with this, however, is that you must select eligible kids to fly for a free dates because not all flights will allow your kids to fly for free.
You will know when you have found an eligible flight that allows kids to fly for free, as you will see it clearly indicated on the fare you purchased.
There are certain restrictions you should consider about Frontier’s Kids Fly Free program. These are given as follows:
- Kids qualify if they are under 15 years old
- There must be one adult with a Discount Den membership in order to qualify
- It is only available on round-trip domestic flights
- It is not valid on overnight connections
- Lap children do qualify but should be booked at the time of initial booking as a child, instead of a lap child.
Also, know that depending on your travel habits, your savings could increase significantly. Another important thing to consider is the airline’s change policy. Frontier Airlines has a straight-forward change policy, though it may not be as good as those of other US airline carriers that will allow you to change your flights for free.
Is Discount Den worth the Choice?
- It is advised to not purchase a Discount Den membership until you are ready to book a Frontier flight. After that compare your savings from the standard fare to the Discount Den fare. If your round-trip results in savings of $60 or more, then you might as well take advantage of the year-long membership. But, bear in mind that the membership is renewed automatically every year.
- But there are some limitations too, in case you are not a frequent traveler or maybe not a frequent customer of the Frontier then you have to stay out of this Discount DEN fly program. And the biggest limitation is that you are allowed to fly only thrice a year.
- Additionally, if you travel often with family or with the same group of people, then it might be worth signing up for the membership program. As already mentioned, only one member needs the Discount Den membership to take advantage of the fares. Otherwise, if you are booking reservation in a one-off situation and don’t think you will fly with Frontier again in the same year, the membership probably isn’t going to be worth the choice. As the Discount Den Flying Club only applies to cheaper flights, it will not help you save money on any other amenities while flying with Frontier Airlines. +1-800-831-1547
In the end
While Frontier Airlines may not provide the most exciting flying experience you will ever have, it is arguably one of the most economical ways to travel. If you are simply interested in getting from point A to B, then flying Frontier can be cheaper. Also, you will have extra change to spend while you are at the actual destination.
Frontier’s Discount Den Flying Club gives you access to exclusive discounts and low fares. But, keep in mind that you will also have to pay extra charges. For instance, if you bring along a carry-on or a checked bag, the fees can add up quickly on low-cost carriers like Frontier.
There is another important thing to consider. Since traveling is somewhat limited right now due to the COVID-19 pandemic, you might want to hold off on purchasing a Discount Den membership until it is safe to travel again.