Airline carriers do offer refunds to passengers in the event a passenger decides to cancel his/her reservation with the airline. However, the tricky part is getting the refund, whether in part or full. Different airline carriers may include a simple or complex refund policy for their customers. During the time of unexpected events, a lot of people are asking, “What can we do with our booked tickets?”, “Can we get a refund?”. And usually, a lot of airlines experience queries, e-mails, and calls. So, please note that the refund process of these airlines, including Philippine Airlines (PAL), really takes time.
In this guide, we shall provide you with useful information on how to get a Philippine Airlines refund on a flight ticket. We also cover the necessary steps that will allow you to successfully complete the request and claim the refund.
A Quick Look at Philippine Airlines’ Cancellation and Refund Policy
When you purchase a flight ticket of any type from Philippine Airlines, their refund policy is pretty straightforward. In order to cancel your flight booking, you must read important rules and terms of the philippine airlines’ cancellation policy. These are given as follows:
- As per the Philippine airline’s cancellation policy, you are not allowed to cancel your booking online.
- The philippine airlines booking cancellation cancellation service is only allowed for flight bookings that were made online or through the airline’s customer service centre.
- To cancel your flight booking, you are required to contact the airline’s Global Reservation Hotline on their toll free number +1 800 435 9725 (U.S. and Canada) and +632 8855 8888 (local).
- You can also send an e-mail to cancel your booking.
- The cancellation charges and penalties vary according to the fare type of the ticket.
- The refund of cancellation is provided to you on the original form of payment only.
- You will also be provided a refund for the unused part of the ticket.
- Philippine Airlines have a ‘No show’ fee in most of their routes and fare type. So, if you are planning to not show up on your departure date, better contact the airlines right away to know the charges and the refundable amount.
Of course, you can contact Philippine Airlines’ customer service for any queries or issues that you may experience.
In the next section, we will provide you with the steps to get a Philippine Airline refund.
How to Get a Refund From Philippine Airlines – Step-by-Step Guide
A. Requesting a Refund from Philippine Airlines via Online Form
You can make a PAL refund request for the amount you paid. To facilitate the processing, Philippine Airlines has set up their myPAL Request Hub refund, which is an online form that you can use to easily submit your requests online.
Here are the necessary steps to accomplish this.
1. You can fill out the request form online at https://mypal.vip/url/RequestHub. You will be redirected to a Microsoft Office online form. Whether you wish to rebook, get a travel voucher, or file a refund request, you will be using the same form.
2. The first thing the form will ask you is where did you purchase your ticket from. There will be two options below, where you select the appropriate one.
3. If you booked the ticket directly with Philippine Airlines (such as via PAL website, PAL mobile app, PAL ticket refund office, PAL contact center), you can use this form. However, if you booked with a third-party travel agency (physical travel agency and online travel agencies like Expedia, Traveloka, etc.), then you need to contact your travel agent and let them co-ordinate with PAL regarding the necessary procedure.
4. Next, you will be asked to provide the following information:
- Passenger Name: Enter the name as it appears on the booking.
- Booking Reference or Ticket Number: Make sure it is correct.
- Contact details: E-mail address and contact number.
- Citizenship: Choose your country of citizenship on the dropdown menu.
- Point of Origin: Enter the three-letter code for the origin. For example, MNL for Manila, CEB for Cebu, NRT for Narita.
5. You will be presented with three options: Rebook, Travel Voucher, and Refund.
6. On the dropdown menu, choose Refund, then click the Next button.
7. On the next page, in the Remarks field, you can enter any information that you think might be helpful in processing your request.
8. Click the Submit button to complete your request.
9. You should receive a confirmation e-mail within the next 5 to 7 business days. In case your transaction requires additional payments, a myPAL Request Hub officer will also send payment instructions.
If your ticket was issued by a third-party travel agent, the request for booking change must be made through the issuing travel agency.
The airline’s myPAL Request Hub can assist requests for changes to confirmed bookings on Philippine Airlines flights, which were made through the PAL website, mobile app, ticket office, or 24/7 philippine airlines reservations hotline.
There are no penalties if you are affected by COVID-19 pandemic cancellations or travel bans. Due to the volume of requests, processing of refunds may take a couple of days from the lifting of enhanced community quarantine.
B. How to Request a Refund from Philippine Airlines via E-mail
The steps given below are, in particular, for claiming a refund from Philippine Airlines via e-mail. If, however, you purchased your Philippine Airlines flight ticket from another service provider, such as an airport or a travel agency, then you are required to visit their website, or contact them via phone, e-mail, etc. to avail of a refund.
1. Send your booking details to any of these e-mail addresses:
- If you booked your flight on the Philippine Airlines website, the e-mail address is email@example.com.
- For domestic flights, use the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For international flights, use the e-mail address email@example.com.
2. In your e-mail, provide your flight’s booking details, including the booking number, flight number, passenger name, and travel dates.
3. Ensure to check that you have provided the correct details before sending the e-mail. If you have checked that your details are correct, send the e-mail to the appropriate address mentioned above.
4. Once you have sent the e-mail, you may need to wait for their response.
5. If your request for a refund has been verified and processed, the refund amount will be automatically credited to your bank account, i.e., to your original form of payment. If you paid for the fare using your credit card, the refundable fee will be credited back to your account. If you paid in cash, it will be refunded in cash as well.
Note: It can take up to 7 business days for the refund amount to be processed and credited to your bank account. It will also appear on your bank statement in 1-2 billing cycles.
If you bought your ticket directly from Philippine Airlines, you can visit any of their ticketing offices. You can also contact them directly on their toll-free number. Their customer service center can be reached at +632 8855 8888 (local) and +1 800 435 9725 (U.S. and Canada). If your ticket was issued by a travel agent, you will need to directly contact your travel agency.
C. Refund Request from Philippine Airlines via Mail
Aside from making a refund request for your Philippine Airlines ticket, which you purchased online via their website, or from a travel agency’s website, there may be individuals who purchased paper tickets directly from the airport.
In this case, a refund can be requested for such paper tickets. Although you can submit the details of your Philippine Airlines paper ticket on their website, additionally, you will also be required to mail your documents to Philippine Airlines. This is done by mailing it to their physical address before your request for a refund can be processed.
Their regular mailing address is shared below:
5F PNB Financial Center
Pres. Diosdado Macapagal Avenue
CCP Complex, Pasay City 1300
Metro Manila, Philippines (PH)
Details to Include:
The details that may be required to be provided in the refund request mail are:
- Reason for request
- Ticket number
- Name of passenger(s)
- Date of travel
- Departure and arrival cities
- E-mail or billing address
Once you have mailed your paper ticket and associated documents to Philippine Airlines, your details will be verified and upon successful verification, your refund request will be processed. This, however, may take some time, and you will also be informed via e-mail and phone, whether your refund request has been accepted or denied.
If your refund is accepted and processed, the amount will be credited to your bank account, which may take a couple of business days. If you have paid by cheque or cash, then it may take a couple of days for the refund to be processed. You can also check your bank statement whether you have received the refund.
It is important to note that if you purchased your Philippine Airlines ticket through a travel agency or other source, then you must contact them in order to claim your refund. Also, please be aware that such third-party service providers may have a different refund policy as compared to Philippine Airlines.
D. How much time does Philippine Airlines takes for Refund
A valid ticket holder who did not travel on the flight after the purchase of the ticket. They are entitled to the full refund of the Passenger Service Charge (PSC).
If you have already sent an e-mail about your refund and your contact details then it should take around 15-20 working days of which you raised your concern for the refund application. If your refund has not been credited to your account then you need to contact your credit card bank for the payment issue. You have to check whether your account status is active or not.
It also has a clause that if you have canceled your Philipines flight within hours from the departure of your flight then there will be a cancellation fee will be charged with around $100 to $400 as per the condition of your ticket category and different conditions. you also can request your cancellation fee if your flight is canceled.
It’s the airline’s travel agent or travel agency’s responsibility to refund the amount of the ticket within the seven working days if paid from a card and if it is paid cash then they have to pay within 20 working days.