Japan Airlines is also known as JAL or Nikko serves both scheduled and unscheduled flights internationally and domestically for passengers and cargo services to over 220 destinations in about 35 countries all over the globe. Check out Japan Airlines’ official website. It is also a flag carrier of Japan which is headquartered in Shinagawa and became one of the largest airlines in 2022.
Japan Airlines operates over 60 domestic destinations and approx 39 international destinations in Asia, the Americas, Europe, and Oceania.
The group Japan Airlines has a fleet size of 172 with 279 aircraft are Airbus A350-900, Airbus A350-1000, Boeing 737-800, Boeing 767-300, Boeing 767-300ER, Boeing 777-200, Boeing 777-200ER, Boeing 777-300, Boeing 777-300ER, Boeing 787-8, Boeing 787-9, Mitsubishi SpiceJet M90.
IATA Code: JL
ICAO Code: JAL
Frequent Flyer Program: JAL Mileage Bank, JAL Global Club
Headquarters: Shinagawa, Tokyo
Hubs and Subsidiaries of Japan Airlines
- Haneda Airport
- Narita International Airport
- Itami Airport
- Kansai International Airport
- Chubu Centrair International Airport
- Fukuoka Airport
- Naha Airport
- New Chitose Airport
Japan Airlines Contact Information
Complain: +81 3 6733 3062
Inquiry form: +81 3 5460 3109
Now Japan airlines also started Chat Auto Response Service Information through which you can ask your queries anytime any day and you’ll get your solution at a time. You can use this service on your PC, laptop, or your smartphone. If you want to use Chat Auto Response Service Information then you will have to tap on the “Ask Question By Chat” option which is available in the right corner of the page. After clicking on it, you have to enter the location and then you have to choose the category of your question. After that, ask your question through chatting and you’ll get a quick response.
You can also contact Japan Airlines through the helpline number where you’ll get your solution through a customer-care executive. Japan Airlines provides their contact number according to the region, if you need to contact them from US or Canada then 1-800-525-3663 and if outside the US then dial +1-310-607-4160. Basically, they provide different contact numbers according to the different countries so that customers can reach them without any hassle. To know more about the different countries’ contact detail click on the contact us page of JAL
Social media Handles of Japan Airlines
Facebook: Japan Airlines
Linkedin: Japan Airlines
Twitter: Japan Airlines
Japan Airlines Baggage Fees
1 personal item: FREE
1 standard carry-on bag: FREE
Weight and dimension Size allowed in Japan Airlines:
- Personal item: Dimension and weight are disclosed for personal items handbags, laptop bags, purses, etc.
- Standard carry-on bag: Maximum dimension allowed is 22 x 16 x 10 inches (55 x 40 x 25 cm)
- Total weight of both personal items and standard carry-on bag, not more than 22 pounds (10 kg)
Economy Class & Premium Economy Class :
- 2 checked bags are FREE with the maximum weight allowed is (50 pounds/23 kg)
Business Class & First Class:
- 3 checked bags are FREE with the maximum weight allowed is (70 pounds/32 kg)
|Route||Additional Bag per Piece||Overweight23kg – 32kg||Overweight32kg – 45kg||Oversized|
|Asia, India, Oceania and Hawaii, North America/ Central America/ South America, Europe, Middle East, and Africa||JPY20,000($200/CAD200)||JPY10,000($100/CAD100)||JPY60,000($600/CAD600)||JPY20,000($200/CAD200)|
|Japan and Asia, Guam, Oceania||JPY10,000($100/CAD100)||JPY60,00($60/CAD60)||JPY30,000($300/CAD300)||JPY10,000($100/CAD100)|
JMB Fly On and JGC Members:
- First Class: 4 bags are free with a maximum weight of 70 pounds (32 kg)
- Business Class: 4 bags are the free maximum weight of 70 pounds (32 kg)
- Premium Economy Class: 3 bags are the free maximum weight of 70 pounds (32 kg)
- Economy Class: 3 bags are the free maximum weight of 70 pounds (32 kg)
JMB CRYSTAL members without JGC status:
- Premium Economy class / Economy class: 3 bags are the free maximum weight of 50 pounds (23 kg).