Andaman and Nicobar are a group of 572 islands which are places naturally in the Bay of Bengal. Andaman and Nicobar is a union territory of republic India and the total coverage area of 8,073 sq kilometres. On that island, there are many beautiful places to visit in Andaman and Nicobar. The island is comprised of two island groups the Andaman Islands (Partly) and the Nicobar Islands.
In that Islands can even change your lewd mood to an adventurous one as they provide you with a host of splosh-gosh pelagic activities. The places to visit in Andaman and Nicobar, Havelock Island is at the top of the list. Island is studded with world class beaches, colourful corals and the green vegetative line at the coasts. There also many of the places to visit in Andaman and Nicobar, there are some list of places are mentioned below that you may select where you visit first!
1. Havelock Island
Havelock Island is the topnotch place to visit in Andaman and Nicobar island. The island is brimming with silky beaches and exuberant greenery. That Island is the home of Radhanagar beach, which is one of the most popular places to visit in Andaman and Nicobar. The Island is spread over a massive area of 113.93 square kilometres and it is situated 57 km northeast of the capital city Port Blair.
The name of Island is named after a British general and comprises of Ritchie’s Archipelago and a collection of five villages including
- Shyam Nagar
- Vijay Nagar
- Radha Nagar
- Krishna Nagar
- Govinda Nagar
On the southern coast of the Island has the charming Radhanagar Beach, and the azure beauty of Vijaynagar beach is situated towards the east of the island.
Basic information About Havelock Island
- Famous for- Beaches
- Major Attraction- Radhanagar Beach
- Nearby Island- Neil and Baratang
- Ideal visit time- December to February
Activities to Do in Havelock Island
Places to visit in Havelock
1. Radhanagar Beach
A major attraction of havelock. Regarded as the cleanest beach in the Havelock islands and also good facilities.
2. Kala Pathar Beach
Famous for its crystal clear water and white sand.
3. Elephant Beach
A unique of its beach for adventure and water activities such as kayaking, snorkelling, boating, diving, etc;
4. Vijay Nagar Beach
To find peace with nature’s beauty and to relax with your family, Vijay Nagar Beach is perfect for you.
5. Neil’s Cove (Beach pavilion in India)
Also known as swaraj deep is a gem in Havelock islands with sheltered water and crystalline water.
Hotel in Havelock
1. Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Andamans (5 Star Hotel)
- Hotel Address:- Beach No. 7, Radhanagar, Havelock Island
- Phone no.- 03192 283 333
2. Symphony Palms Beach Resort (4 Star Hotel)
- Address of Hotel:- 3, Govind Nagar Beach, Havelock Island, Andaman, and Nicobar Islands 744211
- Phone no.- 096095 08000
3. Barefoot at Havelock (4 Star Hotel)
- Hotel Address:- Beach N0. 7, Radhanagar Village Havelock Island, Andaman Islands, 744211
- Phone no. 080 4001 2200
4. Coral Reef Resort Havelock (4 Star Hotel)
- Location of Hotel:- No-5, Vijayanagar, Havelock Island, Andaman and Nicobar Islands 744211
- Phone no. :- 094342 85241
2. Cellular Jail, Port Blair
This place is not to need any kind of introduction, the place is the dark color symbol of colonialism and Indian freedom struggle. The dreadful word “Kaala Pani” that we have heard since our childhood referred to this place. That place is reported as top places to visit in Andaman and Nicobar. The Cellular Jail was used particularly to exile political prisoners where they were subjected to many atrocities at the hands of the British.
But nowadays, it is a representation of the turmoil Indian freedom fighters have experienced. Across all over the world tourists are came to visit Cellular Jail.
Basic information about Cellular Jail, Port Blair
- Famous For– Freedom Struggle, History, Nature
- Major Attraction– Cellular Jail
- Nearby Islands– Ross Island and Viper Island
- Ideal visit time– Between October to May
- Cellular Jail timings:- 9:00 am to 1:00 pm, 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm
- Entry fee:- Children (25 Rs each)and Adult (50 Rs each)
Places to Visit in Cellular Jail, Port Blair
1. Mahatma Gandhi Marine National Park
Situated near Wandoor, it is a national park belongs to the union territory of Andaman & Nicobar.
2. Japanese Bunkers
Evidence of the Japanese invasion of the Andaman & Nicobar Islands, these bunkers gives us the clear cut idea of the dark past of the island during WW2.
3. Corbyn’s Cave
Corbyn cove is the major tourist attraction with its sandy palm Beach with the flavour of eateries and lounge chairs.
4. Chatham Saw-Mill
It is a Saw-mill situated in the Chatham island of the Andaman Islands.
5. North Bay Island
The island dedicated to water activities such as snorkelling, Scuba-diving, swimming, boating, and other adventure & adrenaline fun.
6. Jolly Buoy Island
A very small island situated in A & N island and famous for the under-water coral reefs.
7. Mount Harriet
It is a national park in the Andaman islands famous for observing the wildlife of the island.
Cellular Jail nearest Airport
- Name:- Veer Savarkar International Airport (also known as Port Blair airport)
- Address of Airport: Port Blair, Andaman and Nicobar Islands 744101
- Code: IXZ
- Elevation: 4 m
- Opened: 20 January 2005
- Yearly aircraft movements: 9,642
Suggested read: Places to Visit In North India: Hill Station Hub Of The Country
3. Ross Island
The Island is located just 2 kilometres east of Port Blair. This Island once was the administrative headquarters of the British, but nowadays it is only a barren Island that is recognized solely for its beauty and scenic views. Ross Island is counted as top places to visit in Andaman and Nicobar. The major attraction of Ross Island is the Penal colony that precedes the cellular jail or the “Kaala Paani”.
Basic information about Ross Island
- Famous For– Penal Colony, Colonial ruins
- Major Attraction– Indian Penal Colony
- Nearby Places– Port Blair, Viper Island
- Ideal Visit Time– October to March
Places to visit in Ross Island
1. British Colony ruins
In Ross island, you will witness a lot of colonial ruins such as water distilling pipes, churches, houses, graveyards and lots more.
2. Ross Island Penal Colony
Penal colony in Ross island is established for the British Administration during the colonial rule.
3. Barren Island
Located in the Andaman Islands, it is the only island to have an active Volcano in South Asia.
4. Forest Department Museum
Located in the Chatham island, this museum is well maintained by the Forest Department of the A & N island and display some of the fine and unique wooden artworks.
5. Marina Park
It is a small park with lots of fun and exploring activities ranging from the kid’s zone to a variety of water activities.
Hotels in Ross Island
1. Fortune Resort Bay Island (5 Star Hotel)
- Hotel Address:- Marine Hill, Port Blair, Andaman and Nicobar Islands 744101
- Phone no. :- 03192 234 101
2. Seashell port Blair (4 Star Hotel)
- Address of Hotel:- Marine Hill, Port Blair, Andaman and Nicobar Islands 744101
- Phone no. :- 03192 242 773
3. Keys Select Hotel Aqua Green (3 Star Hotel)
- Location of Hotel:- Opp. to Airport Gate, Lamba Line, Junglighat, Port Blair, Andaman and Nicobar Islands 744103
- Phone no. :- 077193 72390
Ross Island Airport
Nearest Airport of Ross Island is Veer Savarkar International airport, which is known as Port Blair Airport.
Suggested Read:– Top Hill Stations In India: A Ready list for your Next Vacations
4. Baratang Island
It is a beautiful little island in the north and middle Andaman Administrative district. Baratang Island is situated about 160 kilometres away from the capital city of Port Blair. This is a must-visit place in Andaman and Nicobar. Baratang Island is not much explored as other islands of Andaman and Nicobar.
The Island is also called Ranchwalas Island and it is home to India’s only
- Mud Volcano
- Limestone Caves
- Mangrove Creeks
- Tropical Forests
- The Virgin Beaches
The Baratang island is home to the Jarawa Tribe who regarded the now non-existent Jangil Tribe as their parent clan. Some of them come across the local Jarawa while exploring the island and even get to communicate with them. If you search the best places to visit in Andaman and Nicobar then you must saw Baratang Island are on the list of best places.
Basic information about Baratang Island
- Famous For- Jarawa tribes, Caves
- Major Attraction:- Limestone Caves, Mud Volcanoes
- Nearby Places– Havelock Island, Rangat
- Ideal visit time:- October to February
Places to visit in Baratang Island
1. Limestone Caves
Truly a hidden gem lies in the Andaman and Nicobar islands. These caves are also home to the Jarawa tribes.
2. Mud Volcanoes
The only example of its own in India is in the form of Mud Volcanoes in the Baratang island.
3. Parrot Island
A must visit place for bird lovers to enjoy a flock of parrots goes and passes by while unearthing some of the other unexplored flora and fauna of Baratang island.
4. Balderas Beach
Regarded as the most beautiful beach in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands, a must-visit place for an offbeat, isolated experience in Baratang.
Baratang Island Hotels
1. Barefoot at Havelock (4 Star Hotel)
- Hotel Address:- Beach N0. 7, Radhanagar Village Havelock Island
- Phone no.:- 080 4001 2200
2. Havelock Island Beach Resort (4 Star Hotel)
- Resort Location:- Govind Nagar Beach Havelock Island, Andaman and Nicobar Islands 744211
- Phone no. :- 099320 88858
3. Symphony Palms Beach Resort (4 Star Hotel)
- Hotel Address:- 3, Govind Nagar Beach, Havelock Island, Andaman, and Nicobar Islands 744211
- Phone no.:- 096095 08000
4. Havelock Holiday Beach Resort (4 Star Hotel)
- Address of Hotel:- Govind Nagar, Havelock Island, Andaman and Nicobar Islands 744211
- Phone no.:- 03192 231 505
Baratang Island nearest Airport
Nearest Airport of Baratang Island is Port Blair, the total distance (104 km) and time taken 2 hours and 5 minutes.
5. Neil Island
It is a small Island located in the South of Andaman. The Island is named after James George Smith Neill, a British soldier who had sternly dealt with the insurgents during the suppression of the 1857 mutiny. Neil Island is the best place to visit in Andaman and Nicobar. It is famous for its coral reefs and white shores. The major attraction point of Neil Island is Neil Kendra, it is a beautiful curving bay full of white sand and holding the major jetty of the island made attracting by disarraying numerous colorful wooden fishing boats.
Basic information about Neil Island
- Famous for– Corals, Adventure sports, Beaches
- Major Attraction– Bharatpur Beach and Laxmanpur Beach
- Nearby Places– South Andaman, Havelock Island
- Ideal visit time– October to May
Places to Visit in Neil Island
1. Sitapur Beach
Also known as “Sunrise Beach” is the ideal place to take a glimpse of the Sunrise.
2. Natural Bridge
A wonderful and amazing natural coral bridge also known as “Howrah Bridge”.
3. Lakshmanpur Beach
The sunset point of the island, this beach is home of the adventure lovers and some of the fishermen to double your beach experience and moreover, the entry is free.
4. Bharatpur Beach
A beautiful beach for a variety of water activities such as snorkeling,scuba-diving, water-scooter, glass-bottom jet ski boat riding and a lot more.
Neil Island Hotels
1. Summer Sands Beach Resort (4 Star Hotel)
- Address of Hotel:- Ram Nagar Beach, Neil Island, Ram Nagar, Andaman, and Nicobar Islands 744104, India
- Phone no. :- +91 96095 08000
2. Silver Sand Neil (4 Star Hotel)
- Location of Hotel:- Neil Kendra, Andaman, and the Nicobar Islands 744104, India
- Phone no. :- +91 80014 63666
3. SeaShell Neil (3 Star Hotel)
- Hotel Address:- Lakshmanpur Beach, Neil Island, Andaman and Nicobar Islands 744104, India
- Phone no. :- +91 3192 242 773
4. Tango Beach Resort (3 Star Hotel)
- Location of Hotel:- Lakshmanpur, Beach No.1, Neil Island, Andaman and Nicobar Islands 744104, India
- Phone no. :- +91 72101 01502
Neil Island nearest Airport
The nearest airport of Neil Island is Veer Savarkar International Airport, Port Blair. The distance between Island to Port Blair is approx than 40 km.
Suggested Read: 11 Best Trekking Places In Maharashtra For Adventurous Trips
6. Diglipur Island
Diglipur is the largest Island town of North Andaman Island, India. There are many places to visit in Diglipur Island like Kalipur Beach, Ramnagar Beach, Lamiya Bay, Alfred caves, Pathi level beach, Jal Tikry, etc. but Kalipur Beach and Ramnagar Beach is the main tourist attraction. Jal Tikry is famous for trekking. Trekking lover should visit this place once.
Basic information about Diglipur Island
- Famous for– Snorkeling, Scuba diving, and Trekking
- Major Attraction– Kalipur Beach and Ramnagar Beach
- Nearby Places– port Blair.
- Ideal visit time– September to February.
Places to Visit in Diglipur Island
1. Kalipur Beach
This Beach is famous for turtle nesting and wonderful sites.
3. Saddle Peak National Park
It is a very beautiful park and is very famous for wildlife lovers. A must-visit place for the wildlife lover to see various kinds of wild animals.
2. Ramnagar Beach
This beach is surrounded by coconut and palm trees. This Beach is known as a turtle nesting ground for Olive Ridley turtles.
Diglipur Island Hotel
1. Pristine Beach Resort(2 Star Hotel)
- Address of Hotel:- Kalipur, Diglipur, Andaman and Nicobar Islands 744202
- Phone Number:- +91 94742 86787
2. Saddle Peak View Resort
- Address of Hotel:- Kalipur, Diglipur, Andaman and Nicobar Islands 744202
- Phone Number:- +91 3192 272 789
3. HOTEL LANDFALL
- Address of Hotel:- Aerial Bay – Kalipur Rd, Adakamaranahalli, Andaman and Nicobar Islands 744202
- Phone Number:- +91 94742 76434
Diglipur Island nearest Airport
The nearest airport of Diglipur is Veer Savarkar International Airport, Port Blair. The distance between IDiglipur to Port Blair is approx than 5 km.
Suggested Read: Top 6 Best Places to Visit in Kerala
A traveller always wants to discover the places where he/she before not to go. If we talk about places to visit in Andaman and Nicobar Island then every traveller always discovers something new. The Island is a mystery to itself, like beaches, sea, and its history also. If you love adventure and thrill then We always suggest you must visit Andaman and Nicobar Island at once. In this article, We have mentioned some places to visit in Andaman and Nicobar, which helps you to select the places where you visit on the Island.
Suggestion To Read: