Amid During the cooler temperatures, some international festivals and the new year are approaching to visit Bangkok in December until the end of January with an energetic and vibrant vacation. Bangkok is the capital city of Thailand and is also known as the Trafic Jam capital of the planet.
In comparison to other capital cities, Bangkok never goes to sleep. The city has always had a hive of activity as the people work around the clock in their various professions. Bangkok has approx 8 million inhabitants living in the city.
History of Bangkok says that the city began as a small trading center and port community on the west bank of the Chao Phraya River in approx than 2000 years ago. But nowadays, Bangkok is up to speed with modern times, and the grandeur and glory of its illustrious past still prevail.
As a traveler, I say that the capital city gives you an ample amount of time to cover most of the major tourist destinations and also have a hell lot of fun.
Top places to visit in Bangkok
- The temperature of the Capital city, Bangkok
- 1. Chao Phraya River
- 2. The Grand Palace
- 3. Wat Pho, Old City
- History of Wat Pho
- Some Major Information about Wat Pho
- More things to see in Wat Pho
- 4. Chatuchak Market, World’s Largest Market
- Some more floating markets in Bangkok are-
- Some Interesting facts about the floating market
- Some major information about Wat Arun
- More things to see Wat Arun
The temperature of the Capital city, Bangkok
The temperature of the capital city, Bangkok is pretty and much constant all year round. The rainfall receives in the city differs from month to month. But, in December and January, it probably dries throughout the whole year as the monsoon well and it is ended giving way to long spells of pleasant weather and clear skies in the mid-20s without humidity.
1. Chao Phraya River
The river of the country is its lifeline, and also its identity. In Thailand, the Chao Phraya River is also known as the river of kings. It is the prime river and waterways of Thailand, it is used by an average of 50,000 commuters daily. Chao Phraya river has the most scenic areas, that reflect the constantly changing scene day and night.
Some travelers say that Bangkok is the “Venice of the East”, and the reason behind that is the Chao Phraya River flowing through Bangkok and all of the little canals that feed off of it. The main attraction point of that river is the ferry rides, which provide a chance to see the most popular tourist destinations of Bangkok like-
- The Grand Palace
- Wat Pho
- Wat Arun
Tourists can hop onto a luxury cruise boat and enjoy a fine dinner, good music, and some mesmerizing sights that make Bangkok a special city.
Some Luxury cruise names:-
1. Chao Phraya Princess Cruise
- Timing of Cruise:- 7:00 pm to 10:00 pm
- Price:- 46$/Adult, 34$/Child (including with dinner)
2. Chaophraya Cruise
- Timing of Cruise:- 6:00 pm to 9:30 pm
- Price:- 52$/adult, 25$/child (including with dinner)
3. Bangkok Dinner Cruise Tour
- The timing of the Cruise:- 7:00 pm to 10:00 pm
- Price:- 33$ for both adult and child (including dinner)
How to reach the Chao Phraya River, Bangkok
One of the best ways to reach the Chao Phraya river is to take a BTS Skytrain and get down at Saphan Taksin station. After that, you take a tuk-tuk ride from there to reach the central Pier which is one of the banks of the Chao Phraya river.
Some interesting facts about the Chao Phraya River
The river is the home of various species of fish which include 30 endemic species. Some of the names are-
- Giant Barb
- Giant Pangasius
- Giant freshwater Stingray
- Red-tailed black shark
Suggested Read: 8 Top Breathtaking Scuba Diving Sites To Reveal Your Holidays
2. The Grand Palace
Of all the places to visit in Bangkok, the Grand Palace is the most famous place in them. That palace holds grandeur and royalty and its impressive architectural structure catches your eye. The Grand Palace is built in the year 1782, and it is the official residence of the royal family for approx than 200 years.
Some major information about the Grand Palace
- Currently, it is the official residence of the monarchy of Thailand
- Built in a rectangular space
- Palace spread across a huge area, 94.5 hectares
- Featuring with more than 100 buildings
- A major key attraction of this palace is the Temple of the Emerald Buddha
Some interesting facts about the Grand Palace
In the Grand Palace, it is recommended to wear full clothes like in the Temple of Emerald Buddha, and there is a dress code to be followed. Not to worry, if you are not prepared then there is a counter or booth available at the entrance gate of the palace which offers extra covers for a small deposit. And if you are not too interested to wear the dress code then it is recommended to wear white clothes as a way of showing respect to the late King Rama IX.
Visiting Time:- 8:30 to 3:30 every day
Entry fee:- 15$
Location:- Na Phra Lan Road, Khwaeng Phra Borom Maha Ratchawang, Khet Phra Nakhon, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon, 10200, Bangkok, Thailand
Suggested Read:– 10 Famous Places In Dubai- You Must Visit At Once In Your Life
3. Wat Pho, Old City
In Bangkok, visiting Wat Pho is a must for any traveler. Wat Pho is a religious place located to the south of the Grand Palace precinct in Bangkok. That place is largely visited to view the large reclining Buddha within, and the Wat Pho is also known as the “Temple of the Reclining Buddha”.
It houses the world-famous statue of Buddha in a sleeping posture, basically, it represents the historical Shakyamuni Buddha in his last moments of illness, about to attain nirvana. It is one of the most beautiful places to visit in Bangkok.
History of Wat Pho
Nobody knows the origin of Wat Pho, a report says that the temple existed before 1782 when King Rama I moved the capital of Siam (the name of Thailand many years ago) to Bangkok. In the year of 1789, Rama I ordered the whole restoration of the dilapidated old temple site. Images of Buddha are removed from the abandoned temples in other parts of Thailand and installed at Wat Pho, originally called Wat Photaram.
Some Major Information about Wat Pho
- Wat Pho is spread across a vast area of 8 hectares
- The Statue of the sleeping Buddha is 45 meters long and 15 meters high
- The feet of the reclining Buddha holds great significance as they are inlaid with mother of pearl
- It is divided into 108 panels referring to the 108 Lakshana or auspicious Characteristics of Buddha
More things to see in Wat Pho
- Landscaped Garden with stone sculptures
- Stupas adorned with glazed porcelain
- Souvenir shop
- College of Traditional Medicine
- Phra Mondo
Suitable month to visit Wat Pho
Every month of the year is best to visit Wat Pho.
Opening time of Wat Pho- 8:00 am to 5:00 pm every day
Entry fee:- 3$ per person
Location:- 2 Sanam Chai Rd, Khwaeng Phra Borom Maha Ratchawang, Khet Phra Nakhon, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon, Bangkok, Thailand
Suggested Read:- 5 Famous Temples In India: Country’s Stunning Religious Sites
4. Chatuchak Market, World’s Largest Market
Are you in Bangkok and you plan to go shopping then there is place that I suggest Chatuchak Market which is the world’s largest shopping market? Chatuchak market is the king of markets in Bangkok, spread over 35 acres with more than 8000 stalls. In the market, everything ranges like-
Chatuchak market is also known as Jatujak or “JJ” markets by locals. It is one of the world’s largest outdoor markets. The market is the most famous place among tourists and locals alike for its wide variety of goods.
Some Major information about Chatuchak Market
- The market has been open since 1942
- With 8000 stalls and covering 2700 acres of space
- Formerly it was called the Phahonyothin market
- In the year 1987, the name was changed and it received the name Chatuchak market.
- Chatuchak market is divided into 27 sections that cross 65 small lanes
- The market receives everyday approx than 2,00,000 visitors
What will you find at the Chatuchak market?
In the market, multiple sections are intended to sell different kinds of products. From the Chatuchak market website, the sections are-
Timing Of Market:-
|7 am to 6 pm
|Wednesday and Thursday
|6 pm to 12 am
|9 am to 6 pm
|Saturday and Sunday
Location:- Kamphaeng Phet 3 Rd, Lat Yao, Khet Chatuchak, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon, Bangkok, Thailand
Must Read:- Top 10 Famous Market for Shopping in Delhi
5. Floating Market, Bangkok
It is world-famous for its floating market and the best place to visit in Bangkok. You may enjoy the atmosphere without haggling over price, you also try relaxing on a guided boat tour of the Damnoen Saduak market.
Some more floating markets in Bangkok are-
- Taling Chan Market
- Bang Ku Wiang Market
- The Kha
In Bangkok, the floating market is one of the most authentic experiences to have, If you visit Bangkok, don’t miss seeing the floating market.
Some Interesting facts about the floating market
- Visit Thailand’s famous markets on an immersive day trip from Bangkok
- Watch a train pass through the middle of a bustling market- Maeklong Railway Market
- Alex at the authentic weekend market of Amphawa, frequented by the locals
- See the iconic Damnoen Saduak Floating Market, the most popular market in Thailand
- Learn about the history and culture of these iconic markets from your informative guide
- Visit Amphawa Floating Market by the private tour with Amphawa Floating Market and Maeklong Railway Market Fireflies
6. Wat Arun
It is situated on the west bank of the Chao Phraya River. It is one of the most stunning temples and the best places to visit in Bangkok. The design of Wat Aru is very different from the other temples. Its riverside location is very attractive and of the best places to visit in Bangkok.
Some major information about Wat Arun
- Wat Arun was conceived by King Tehseen in 1768.
- It is a Buddhist temple
- It is known as the Temple of the Dawn
More things to see Wat Arun
- The Grand Palace
- Wat Pho
- Chao Phraya River
- Wat Saket, the Golden Mount.
- Wat Traimit, Temple of the Golden Buddha
Suitable month to visit Wat Arun
mid-June to mid-September
Opening Time: 8:00 am to 5:30 pm every day
Entry fee:- 3.27$
Location: Located on the west side of Chao Praya River, Bangkok Yai District, Bangkok, Thailand.
Bangkok city will always have something to cater to every type of traveler and his liking. In a words to say a whole other world to see, and things to do in Bangkok. You may visit temples, do shopping, and many more. Bangkok is a city whose appeal rises gradually once you get out of the way. You can see the major and minor attractions and get a sharp outline of one of the most loved urban areas on the planet. And above the article will help to select your places in Bangkok.