There are many famous places in Uttar Pradesh. But, The Taj Mahal of Agra is a pearl in India. And one of the seven wonders in the world. Because the Taj Mahal is a very glorious and unique historical monument. This is an updated module for all the latest pieces of knowledge for you travelers in 2020/2021
In the present time, the Taj Mahal is known as a resemble of love, mainly, it represents how a man deeply loved his wife. And ultimately, the Emperor of Mughal, Shah Jahan decided to build the Taj Mahal for his beloved Iranian wife Mumtaz Mahal after her death.
A brief about Taj Mahal
- History of Taj Mahal
- Some specific information about Taj Mahal, India
- The reason behind for popularity of The Taj Mahal, India
- The Sight of Taj Mahal at Sunrise
- Taj Mahal Compare To Other Modern Wonders Of World
- List Of Other Modern Wonders Of The World
- Best suitable time to visit the Taj Mahal
- Opening and Closing Timing of Taj Mahal
- Entry Fees Of Taj Mahal
- How to reach Taj Mahal, Agra
- Some more things to see in Taj Mahal, India
- More Places to Visit near the Taj Mahal
- Some Important fact of Taj Mahal
- The Taj Mahal rest house
History of Taj Mahal
The Taj Mahal is a historical monument and very well known to the whole world. Mughal Emperor Jahangir who built this monument was the father of Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan. This was built by Emperor of Mughal, Shah Jahan. The Mughal Emperor, of Shah Jahan, was fall in love with an Iranian princess. Her name was Arjumand Banu Begum before marriage.
Shah Jahan got married to Arjumand Banu Begum in 1612. The construction of the Taj Mahal was started in 1632 and fully completed in 1653. To make the Taj Mahal
- 1000 elephants used
- Approximately 20,000 labors were working
- And the total investment to construct the Taj Mahal is around 32 million rupees.
Suggested Read- Top Tourist Attraction in Delhi To Exploring Historic Places
Some specific information about Taj Mahal, India
|Location||Agra, Uttar Pradesh|
|Height||73 meter(240 Feet)|
|Architectural style||Mughal Architecture|
|Built by||Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan|
The reason behind for popularity of The Taj Mahal, India
While the city is not having much attraction apart from the Taj Mahal and Red Fort, still so many people, especially foreigners are traveling far to Agra just to enjoy the glamour of this historical Building. The whole world has a total of eight Wonders, but The Taj Mahal is the most famous of them. Which is situated in the state of Uttar Pradesh, Agra. Because of this momentum, the city got so much popularity.
The Sight of Taj Mahal at Sunrise
During sunrise, the ray of the sun is not directly coming on the taj mahal, and this is a reason the Taj Mahal looks very marvelous. The most fantastic sight of the Taj Mahal is at the time of Sunrise for its famous world-known splendid masterpiece.
Suggested Read:- 5 Beloved Places In Uttar Pradesh You Must Visit
Taj Mahal Compare To Other Modern Wonders Of World
The reason for the Taj Mahal to become one of the wonders of the world is because of the uniqueness while building the momentum. The whole Taj Mahal made of white marbles decorated with delicate Pietra dura work. And different types of precious and semi-precious stones used for Taj Mahal’s inlay work.
There is no doubt that the Taj Mahal is different from other Wonders of the World. Because of the design and structure, it is very attractive for everyone especially those who see the momentum for the first time. In 1983 Unesco listed it in the heritage site and named it a “universally admired masterpieces of the world’s heritage”.
List Of Other Modern Wonders Of The World
- Great Wall of China
- Christ the Redeemer in Rio de Janeiro
- Machu Picchu in Peru
- Chichen Itza
- Roman Colosseum
- Petra in Jordan
Best suitable time to visit the Taj Mahal
As we discussed Taj Mahal is situated in Agra, Utter Pradesh state of India. the very most important thing to say is while the Taj Mahal is always open to its visitors, but due to its longitude location, it is having very scorching summer that not easy to tolerate that much of heat.
So here is a suggestion, we offer you to visit this lovely place from mid of October to mid of March when the weather is either moderate or cold.
Opening and Closing Timing of Taj Mahal
|Opening||Starting time||Closing time|
|Every day||Sunrise, Morning (9:00 am)||Sunset, Evening (6:00 pm)|
|Night||8:30 pm||12: 30 Am|
Entry Fees Of Taj Mahal
|1050 Rs/ People||Foreigner|
|535 Rs/ People||SAARC/BIMSTEC|
|45 Rs/ People||Indian|
Note: Additional INR 200 to see the main mausoleum. And the free entry for children below 15 years old.
How to reach Taj Mahal, Agra
- Nearest Airport- Agra Airport (7 Km away from The Taj Mahal).All Airlines of India operate flights to Agra on a daily basis.
- Nearest Railway Station– Agra city has its own Railway Station. That is well with the rest of the country.
- Via Road- The major bus stand of Agra City is Idgah. Agra is well connected to the rest of the cities of India. The city has a number of regular bus services from Agra to important cities.
Some more things to see in Taj Mahal, India
For Muslim mosque is a place for their praying. Before entry to the Taj Mahal area, you will see in front of the main gate a mosque and guest house. Therefore, they made the mosque inside the Taj Mahal Premises and for making the symmetry view they built a guest house as well on the other side of the main building.
More Places to Visit near the Taj Mahal
- Agra Fort (Approx 5 to 10 minutes walk-in distance from the Taj Mahal)
- Fatehpur Sikri (Approx 36 Km away from the Agra City)
- Imad-Ud-doula’s Tomb (3 Km away from Taj Mahal)
- Akbar’s Tomb (7 Km away from The Taj Mahal)
- Mehtab Bagh (3 Km distance of Agra City)
- Wildlife SOS (Approx 17 Km away from the city)
- Taj Museum (3 Km away from Agra city)
- Anguri Bagh (1 Km away from the main town)
- Chini Ka Rauza (4 Km away from the main town)
- City Shopping Hub (2 Km away from the main town)
Some Important fact of Taj Mahal
- Shah Jahan was popularly known as Prince Khurram. Before his extension to the throne.
- Shah Jahan has already had two wives. But, he falls in love with beautiful Arjumand Bano Begum and he married her, making her his third wife.
- Arjumand Bano Begum was an Iranian Muslim princess
- In the time of construction of the Taj Mahal, more than 1,000 elephants were collected for the transport of the manufactured materials.
- Approx than Twenty thousand employees worked to build the Mahal.
- There are many different types of precious stones used to build the Taj Mahal.
- Color changes quality, in the morning, color of the Taj Mahal is different as compared to evening and night.
- Different type of Marvell is used from different countries like China, Australia, Sri Lanka, Afghanistan and also from the different state of India like Rajasthan, Punjab, etc.
- Three to four million people will come every year to see the beauty of the Taj Mahal.
The Taj Mahal rest house
The guest house was built on the east side of the Taj Mahal and a replica of the mosque on the west side exactly opposite of each other to keep the needed symmetry of the monument. Both Mosque and Guesthouse were built of red sandstone with marvel facing structure to contrast the marble mausoleum in the center.
The guesthouse has been referred to as Jawab, Rest house, Guesthouse, Assemblyhouse, Mihman khana, and Naqqar khana. Though the Mosque and Guesthouse from outside are exactly the same from inside are totally different. The inside of the Mosque is Mehrab a place that Muslims are praying but the guesthouse doesn’t host Mehrab.
The main purpose of making Guesthouse is not that clear but there are many rumors like, it was built to host guests who are coming for the death anniversary of Mumtaz Mahal, or that was an offered place to Caravans to rest when they were coming to see Taj Mahal. Some also believed it was meant to serve restroom for people who are coming to offer Namaz( Pray). but for sure the main purpose is to keep the symmetry.
In this article, we have discussed the Taj Mahal and useful information about it. Which was ordered to built by Shah Jahan for the memorial of his wife, with the help of the most famous Iranian architect of that time “Ahmad Lahori “.
It is a combination of Mughal and Iranian architecture. Every person has a dream to visit Taj Mahal at once in his life. Because the Taj Mahal has counted in the seven wonders of the world. Hope you also enjoy this memorial of love.