When you need help with your flight information, baggage or other services with regard to your trip with United Airlines, who would you talk to?
Airline companies, like the United Airlines, have a dedicated customer support service that renders assistance to its passengers. The assistance can be in the form of a telephonic conversation, exchange of e-mails, live online chat on social media and also mailing to the authorities on their physical mailing address. Such contact methods allow the company to provide convenience to their customers, especially when their customers are in need of help and want to contact the company.
In this guide, we are going to take a look at how to call a live person in United Airlines customer service and have your queries answered as quickly as possible.
A Brief Intro About United Airlines and its Customer Service
United Airlines has been in service for more than 90 years and is one of the major airlines in the United States. It is headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, United States. The airline serves in 6 continents and each year, millions of passengers are transported both nationally and to international destinations as well.
United Airlines’ customer service center provides assistance to its customers, whether it is a general query or a problem that needs to be dealt with promptly. The customer service is run by a team of representatives that are prepared to help their customers with concerns that may be common or uncommon, depending on the customer’s situation.
Getting Help Through United Airlines Customer Service
If you are in need of assistance and wish to talk to a live person at United Airlines customer service, below are few simple steps you need to follow.
1. First, you need to dial their toll free phone number to get connected with one of the representatives at United Airlines customer service. You can do this using either a fixed line phone or a mobile phone. The phone number for their customer service is +1 800 864 8331.
2. Upon dialling the customer service phone number, you will be greeted by an automated voice system. This automated voice system, also called IVR (Interactive Voice Response), then provides you a couple of options based on the service for which you seek assistance. These options are listed as under:
- Flight status
- Book a flight
- Existing reservation
- Mileage plus
- More options
Note: If your query or grievance is with regard to any of the services listed above, you can simply say the option as offered to you. However, if the service is not offered to you in the list of options, then you can proceed by saying “More options” in order to get connected to the customer service.
3. At the first prompt, you only need to say “More options”. The automated voice system will then ask you to choose the relevant service.
4. At the next prompt, simply say “Other services” to proceed. Again, the automated voice system will ask for your confirmation for the service that you have selected.
5. Now, at the final prompt, you only need to say “Yes” or “No”. Depending on the type of service that you have selected for which you need assistance, you will be immediately connected to the relevant customer service department and a live person will be there to answer your queries.
These are all the steps you need to get connected and talk to a live person at United Airlines customer service.
There are also a few additional phone numbers for different services that you can contact the airline’s customer service. These are listed as follows:
- United Airlines Customer Service: +1 800 864 8331
- United Products and Services: +1 888 854 3899
- U.S. and Canada Reservation: +1 800 864 8331
- Flight Arrival and Departure Information: +1 800 824 6200
- United ClubSM Airport Lounges: +1 866 822 5827
- Travel Insurance: +1 866 456 3104
- In-cabin Pet Transportation: +1 800 864 8331
- Cargo and Animal Transportation: +1 800 864 8331
- Carbon Offsetting Program: +1 503 488 5500
- United Cruises: +1 800 211 2039
- Holiday Packages: +1 888 854 3899
- Delayed, Damaged or Lost Baggage/Items: +1 800 335 2247
However, if you are not able to get through to the customer service for assistance via phone, or you feel that your query or grievance was not handled properly, there are also other ways you can contact United Airlines customer service.
Other Ways to Contact Customer Service at United Airlines
In addition to talking to United Airlines’ customer service representatives on their toll free phone number, you can get in touch with them through social media platforms as well. As you may know, our present generation relies a lot on the internet and portable electronic devices, like laptop computers, tablets and smartphones for their daily tasks. Thus, because of the availability of such technologies around us, things become pretty easy and are within our reach.
This is also true with companies, such as United Airlines, where it now caters to its customers’ queries and problems via the internet i.e. using social media. The use of social media has grown exponentially. So, if a person is unable to get through to the airlines’ customer service via phone, he/she can easily get connected through the company’s social media channels, which are usually Twitter and Facebook. Now, in order to get assistance with United Airlines’ customer service on Twitter and Facebook, you must have an account on these online channels as well.
Both their telephonic and social media customer services are available 24/7. So, this means that you can easily contact them at your convenience, and no matter if you are at home or outside.
You can also mail your queries, feedback or grievances to United Airlines via their mailing address, which is given as follows:
United Airlines, Inc.
P.O. Box 06649
Chicago, Illinois (IL) 60606-0649
Like any other company, big or small, providing customer service is an essential component of any given company, in this case, being United Airlines. The importance of rendering assistance to its customers, which may be delivered through one or more communication mediums, will have a prominent effect on the company and its relationship with existing and future customers.