If you are thinking that, going on a honeymoon is a mere vacation then you are totally wrong.
It is a special time for any new couple that can celebrate their newfound relationship in seclusion. Planning for a honeymoon would get most of us excited about exotic destinations. The travelers who have explored all over the world also would know about the natural beauty and wanderlust facts of India. There are many top honeymoon destinations in India for experiencing unparalleled wonders.
The country is the most sought-after honeymoon destination across the globe. So stop fretting, because you are open to a multitude of choices and each tops to others. Best Honeymoon destinations in India spell romance like no other destination. You may enjoy it a lot in India with pleasant weather. If you are not decided where to go for a honeymoon then don’t be worry we give you a long list of Top Honeymoon Destinations In India.
Top Honeymoon Destinations in India
1. Jaisalmer, Rajasthan
The city is situated in the heart of Thar Deseret, it shows the royalty in the desert. Jaisalmer is a major tourist spot, which is located in the northwestern state of Rajasthan in India. The Jaisalmer city is a top honeymoon destination in India. Jaisalmer is also known as the “Golden City” due to its bounteous golden dunes flowing in the Thar desert.
Jaisalmer city holds itself many things like ancient history, art, culture and also even the India-Pakistan border. It is a thrilling place to discover all of that and more.
Suggested Read:- Wedding Destination In India
Best things to do in Jaisalmer
1. You may visit the Jaisalmer Fort, it is the world heritage site replete with 12th-century ornate Jain idols and stone carving.
2. There is a large garden complex from the outside of town that is Bada Bagh. That place is best for newly married couples.
3. In Jaisalmer city, there are many museums that are dedicated to various Maharajas of Jaisalmer.
How to reach Jaisalmer
By Air:- Nearest airport is Jodhpur, the distance is about 275 km from the Jaisalmer city. Jodhpur airport is a Domestic airport and the nearest international airport is Indira Gandhi International airport which is in Delhi.
By Railway:- Jaisalmer city is well-connected to the railway from other parts of India. One more important thing is that India’s luxury train “Palace on Wheels” also goes to Jaisalmer.
By Road:- The Jaisalmer city is well connected to the northern state of India. There are many buses or state transport are available from major cities like Jaipur, Bikaner, Ahmedabad, Mount Abu.
Ideal Honeymoon Duration:- 5 nights/6 days
Honeymoon Package for Jaisalmer:- 18,000 INR
Suitable time to visit Jaisalmer:- The best time to visit Jaisalmer is mid-October to March.
Hotels in Jaisalmer
1. Hotel Rang Mahal (5 Star Hotel)
Address:- 5, Hotel Complex, Sam Road, Jaisalmer, Rajasthan 34500
2. Jaisalmer Marriott Resort & Spa (5 Star Hotel)
Address:- Jaisalmer – Sam – Dhanana Rd, Police Line, Jaisalmer, Rajasthan 345001
3. Hotel Royal Haveli (5 Star Hotel)
Address:- Fort Area, Near- Desert Boys Dhani, Air force Circle, Dhiba Para, Jaisalmer, Rajasthan 345001
4. Hotel Marina Mahal – Best Budget Hotel in Jaisalmer (3 Star Hotel)
Address:- Achalvanshi Colony Park, Dr. K. L. Achalvanshi Colony, Jaisalmer, Rajasthan 345001
5. Hotel Fotiya Jaisalmer (3 Star Hotel)
Address:- K.l Anchalvanshi colony, Dedansar road, Jaisalmer, Rajasthan 345001
Suggested Read: 11 Pre-Wedding Shoot Locations In India To Capture New Love Bond
2. Alleppey, Kerala
Alleppey is a beautiful city in the southern state of Kerala. Alleppey city is the hub of Kerala’s backwaters. The Alleppey city is officially known as the Alappuzha. The city is counted as one of the top honeymoon destinations in India. The city is bordering with the Laccadive sea, which is known for its wide network of interlinking, palm-fringed canals, called backwaters and rejuvenating Ayurvedic resorts.
In Kerala, Alleppey is a charming city that transports you to an era of twinkling lamps and glittering. That place is the first choice of every newlywed couple.
Best things to do in Alleppey
Here’s a list of romantic stuff you can do at Alleppey to explore the fun.
1. The Alleppey is the place of the longest lake in India, which is Vembanad lake.
2. There are multiple Beach bums, where you can head straight to the Alappuzha beach in Alappuzha town.
3. You may also visit the 150 years old pier that extends to the sea there.
How to reach Alleppey
By Air:- Nearest Airport is Cochin and its distance from Alleppey is 75 km away. And the airport is well connected to other parts of India.
By Railway:- Alleppey has its own railway station, which is well-connected to major cities like Cochin and Trivandrum.
By Road:- Alleppey city is well-connected to all the main cities of Kerala and also the major cities of India like Chennai, Mysore, Bangalore, Coimbatore.
Ideal Honeymoon Duration:- 4 nights/5 days
Honeymoon Package for Alleppey:- 25,000 INR
Suitable time to visit Alleppey:- You may visit the whole year in this beautiful city, but if you plan to visit for enjoying your honeymoon then the best time is mid-September to march.
Hotels in Alleppey
1. Ramada by Wyndham Alleppey (5 Star Hotel)
Address:- Nehru Trophy Boat Race Finishing Point Stadium, Punnamada, Finishing Point, Alappuzha, Kerala 688013
2. Zostel Alleppey (4 Star Hotel)
Address:- Beach Rd, Near Vijay Beach Park, Padinjare Kurisadi, Sea View Ward, Alappuzha, Kerala 688012
3. The Lake Paradise (4 Star Hotel)
Address:- Kottamparambil house, NT WARD, AVALUKUNNU, Alappuzha, Kerala 688006
4. Malayalam Lake Resorts (3 Star Hotel)
Address:- Punnamada Road, East of Thottathodu Bridge, Kerala 688006
5. Lake Palace Resort (3 Star Hotel)
Address:- Thirumala Ward, Chungam, Alappuzha, Kerala 688011
The state of Goa is a mix of Indian and Portuguese culture. Beaches of Goa has no comparison of another part of beaches in India. The state is undoubtedly the shimmering strand of beaches stretching along the Arabian sea, form the tip to the toe of state.
Beaches of Goa are world-famous, and if you are a newly married couple then this destination is pure suits you. And it is counted as the top honeymoon destination in India. Goa has something for every kind of honeymooner. In Goa, there are many famous beaches some of the names are mention below-
- Baga and Calangute Beach
- Anjuna Beach
- Arambol Beach
- Agonda Beach
- Palolem Beach
The state also boasts of beautiful architecture from the colonial era with many churches and some old-style bungalows.
Suggested Read:- Wedding Destination in India
Best Things To Do In Goa
Here is a list of the best thing you can do at a honeymoon in Goa with your loved one to explore the fun of being together.
- You may head to the Konkan coast that can give you the most fun-filled beachside experience in top honeymoon destinations in India.
- You may go on a trip to its surreal beaches with multiple beautiful cafes and bars dotting the coast.
- Honeymoon couples also enjoy the nightlife of Goa and water sports.
How to reach Goa
By Air:- Nearest airport is Dabolim airport and the distance of the airport is 29 km from the state’s capital. And the airport is well connected from the other part of India like
- New Delhi
By Railway:- There are basically two major railheads in Goa that is
- Vasco Da Gama
These two railway stations are well connected by trains from all over the country.
By Road:- Goa is well connected by road from all over the country, you may reach Goa overnight from Bangalore, Mumbai, Hyderabad and many other cities. There are regular bus services, which operate from these cities.
Ideal Honeymoon Duration:- 5 nights/6 days
Suitable time to visit Goa:- Mid October to January
Honeymoon package for Goa:- 15,000 INR
Best Honeymoon Hotels in Goa
1. Goa Marriott Resort & Spa (5 Star Hotel)
Address:- Miramar, Panaji, Goa 403001
2. Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Goa (5 Star Hotel)
Address:- Calwaddo, Salcete, Benaulim, Goa 403716
3. Kenilworth Beach Resort & Spa (5 Star Hotel)
Address:- Majorda-Utorda, Majorda, Goa 403713
4. Santana Beach Resort (3 Star Hotel)
Address:- Shop No. P-1-2, Quinta Costa Frias Complex, Dando, Candolim, Bardez, Goa 403515
5. Casa De Goa Boutique Resort (5 Star Hotel)
Address:- Dr. Afonso Rd, Near Calangute Football Ground, Tivai Vaddo, Bardez, Calangute, Goa 403516
4. Shimla, Himachal Pradesh
You may never be wrong in your choice while you select your honeymoon destination like Shimla. It is inadvertently romantic and magical Shimla is among one of the top honeymoon destinations in India, that do need an introduction. This capital city has the existence of the Himalayan gem is something extraordinary loving and beautiful.
The weather in Shimla is almost pleasant throughout the whole year. The city is covered with nearby towns like Kufri, a hill station almost always covered by snow and hail. This capital city has some incredible spots in and around this small town that are naturally conducive to a never-ending romance. This beautiful hill station is an ideal honeymoon destination in India.
Best things to do in Shimla
1. There are various places to visit on the Shimla honeymoon like Scandal point, Naldehra, Summer Hill, Kufri, and Annandale.
2. You may do an exciting activity in this top honeymoon destinations in India like Skiing, and ice skating, or you also enjoying a pleasurable ride in the world-famous Toy Train running from Kalka to Shimla.
How to reach Shimla
By Air:- The nearest airport is the Shimla airport which is approx than 22 km away from the Mall road of Shimla. This is a domestic airport. The international airport is the Chandigarh International airport which is approx than 124 km far away from the capital city Shimla.
By Railway:- Shimla has its own railway station which is a narrow gauge railway line. And the Broad gauge railway station is Kalka railway station which is 90 km away and well connected to Shimla railway station by a narrow-gauge railway line.
By Road:- This capital city is well-connected by road from the major cities of Himachal Pradesh and other cities of India like Chandigarh, Delhi, Ambala, and Jammu.
Ideal Honeymoon Duration:- 3 nights/4 days
Honeymoon Package for Shimla:- 10,000 INR
Suitable time to visit Shimla:- You may visit this beautiful hill station throughout the year. But if you are a Honeymoon couple then you visit this hill station in mid-December, when the city is covered with snow and you enjoy it a lot.
Honeymoon Hotels in Shimla
1. The Oberoi Cecil, Shimla (5 Star Hotel)
Address:- Chaura Maidan Rd, Nabha, Shimla, Himachal Pradesh 171004
2. Radisson Jass Shimla (5 Star Hotel)
Address:- Lower, Bharari Road, Goodwood Estate, Shimla, Himachal Pradesh 171001
3. Hotel Marina (4-Star Hotel)
Address:- Mall Rd, Near Kamla Nehru Hospital, Bemloi, Shimla, Himachal Pradesh 171001
4. Clarkes Hotel (4-Star Hotel)
Address:- Road From Court Road to Mall Marg Opp. High Court, Himachal Pradesh 171001
5. Hotel Willow Banks (4-Star Hotel)
Address:- The Mall Road Tourism lift, Himachal Pradesh 171001
5. Andaman and Nicobar
Pristine white beaches, dense primal mangrove forests, and rusty sunsets make this island one of the top honeymoon destinations in India. The Andaman and Nicobar island is comprised of a total of 572 islands, but there are only 37 of which are inhabited and a few are open to tourists. That place is best for honeymooners who love the beach not the crowds.
The island is filled with all different kinds of adventures that you can embark on in the country. From Scuba diving to snorkeling this place has everything that you would love to do as a couple and will only bring the two of you closer. Nowadays, Andaman and Nicobar are among the most trending honeymoon destinations in India, especially for newly married couples.
Best things to do in Andaman and Nicobar
1. If you are in Andaman, visit Corbyn’s Cove beach, North Bay Island, and Ross Island.
2. You may also enjoy the light and sound show at the cellular jail.
3. You may watch the majestic sunset at Radhanagar beach and enjoy snorkeling at the Elephant beach on Havelock Island.
4. Scuba diving in freshwater, explore water lives.
How to reach Andaman and Nicobar
By Air:- Nearest airport is Port Blair airport. It is a domestic airport and well-connected to major cities of India.
By sea:- The island is connected through the sea from other parts of the country. Passenger ships are available from Port Blair to Chennai, Visakhapatnam, and Calcutta. A passenger ship may take approx 50-60 hours.
Ideal Honeymoon Duration:- 3 nights/4 days
Honeymoon Package for Andaman and Nicobar:- 25,000 INR
Best time to visit Andaman and Nicobar:- You may visit this beautiful island the whole year. But if you are a honeymooner then the best time is from mid-December to March.
Hotels in Andaman and Nicobar
1. Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Andamans (5-Star Hotel)
Address:- Radhanagar Beach No. 7, Havelock Island, Andaman, and Nicobar Islands 744211
2. Fortune Resort Bay Island (4-Star Hotel)
Address:- Marine Hill, Port Blair, Andaman and Nicobar Islands 744101
3. Seashell port Blair (3-Star Hotel)
Address:- Marine Hill, Port Blair, Andaman and Nicobar Islands 744101
4. Sinclairs Bayview Port Blair (3-Star Hotel)
Address:- Corbyn’s Cove Road, South Point, Shadipur, Port Blair, Andaman, and Nicobar Islands 744106
5. Hotel Emerald View, Port Blair, Andaman, and Nicobar Islands (3-Star Hotel)
Address:- 26/1, MA Road, Phoenix Bay, Port Blair, Andaman, and Nicobar Islands 744102
6. Darjeeling, West Bengal
This small hill town Darjeeling is one of the most beautiful hill stations in India. The untouched beauty of the hills, the old-world charm of the past, and the welcoming smiles of the local people all add up to make this place one of the top honeymoon destinations in India. The city is often called the “front row” for epic Himalayan views.
In Darjeeling, there are many breathtaking views one of them is sunrise over the horizon of Tiger Hills. Darjeeling holds itself as much as Colonial-era architecture, Buddhist monasteries and unbelievable views of Khangchendzonga are some of the attractions that the city offers.
Best things to do in Darjeeling
1. In Darjeeling, the Toy train is one of the most iconic attractions in the city. The 2-feet narrow gauge lines connect New Jalpaiguri and Darjeeling.
2. You may also visit the Padmaja Naidu Himalayan Zoological Park, which is the largest high-altitude zoo in India.
How to reach Darjeeling
By Air:- Nearest airport is Bagdogra, which is approx than 90 km away from Darjeeling. It is a domestic airport.
By Railway:- Nearest railway station is New Jalpaiguri, which is 88 km away from Darjeeling.
By Road:- Darjeeling is well-connected to major cities of West Bengal. Regular buses from Kolkata and Siliguri ply to Darjeeling.
Ideal Honeymoon Duration:- 4 nights/5 days
Honeymoon Package for Darjeeling:- 15,000 INR
Suitable time to visit Darjeeling:- For visiting Darjeeling the suitable time is October to March.
Honeymoon Hotels in Darjeeling
1. Summit Swiss Heritage Hotel (4-Star Hotel)
Address:- 15/9A, Gandhi Road, Near Circuit House, Darjeeling, West Bengal 734101
2. Sinclairs Darjeeling (3-Star Hotel)
Address:- 18/1, Gandhi Road, Limbugaon, Darjeeling, West Bengal 734101
3. The Elgin, Darjeeling (3-Star Hotel)
Address:- 18, HD Lama Rd, Chauk Bazaar, Darjeeling, West Bengal 734101
4. Cedar Inn (3-Star Hotel)
Address:- Dr. Zakhir Hussain Road, Below St. Pauls School, Darjeeling, West Bengal 734101
5. Mayfair Darjeeling (3-Star Hotel)
Address:- Mall Rd, Opposite Governor House, Chauk Bazaar, Darjeeling, West Bengal 734101
7. Udaipur, Rajasthan
If you are looking for a royal honeymoon destination, Udaipur is a clear choice. Starting from lake cruise to royal architecture, and luxury hotels to cultural nights, this place has everything that would make your honeymoon, a romantic and majestic one. This ‘Venice of the East has the affluence of natural beauty, mesmerizing temples, and breathtaking architecture which gives this place romantic vibes.
Aravalli Hills add a star to the city’s glory. Honeymooners find this place perfect to start their new bond with love and affection. Sightseeing at lakes sets a great mood for confessing love to the better half. This ‘Jewel of Mewar’ will cast every lasting magic of love on your minds.
Best things to do in Udaipur
- Romantic dinner at Lake Place. Lake Place is a world-famous hotel and resort in Udaipur. The most wondering feature of the place is its location. It is located middle of a lake only way to reach is by water boats.
- Quality time at City Palace. Offering stunning views of Lake Pichola, parts of this palace not only offer extraordinary accommodation but gives enough space to the couple to discover their moments of love and gusto the taste of the Mewar Kingdom.
- Enjoying cultural folk dance and music of the city.
How to reach Udaipur
Air:- The city has its own domestic airport ‘Maharana Pratap Airport, which is 22 km away from the center of the city.
Train:- The local railway station is located inside the city limits, and well connected with all the major cities in the nation.
Road:- Easy Highways and roads are well connected the city’s major spots.
Honeymoon Hotels in Udaipur
1. The Oberoi Udaivilas, Udaipur (5-star hotel)
Address:- Badi-Gorilla-Mulla Talai Rd, Haridas Ji Ki Magri, Pichola, Udaipur, Rajasthan 313001
2. Taj Lake Palace (5-star hotel)
Address:- Pichola, Udaipur, Rajasthan 313001
3. Mewargarh Udaipur by Red Tullip Hotels (4-star hotel)
Address:- Sajjan Garh Rd, Near Biological Park, Eklavya Colony, Udaipur, Rajasthan 313001
4. Lake Pichola Hotel (3-star hotel)
Address:- Ambrai Road, Panch Devri Marg, Outside Chandpole, Udaipur, Rajasthan 313001
5. Hotel Aashiya Haveli (3-star hotel)
Address:- 15,17-20, Lal Ghat Road, Old City, Udaipur, Rajasthan 313001
8. Mussoorie, Uttarakhand
Picked by many as their first choice for a romance in the mountains, Mussoorie is certainly one of the best places for a honeymoon in India. But the Mussoorie is also famous as an exceedingly romantic place among India’s most sought hill stations. The place is counted as one of the top honeymoon destinations in India. Mussoorie is the place where you should be heading to. It is nestled amidst the foothills of the Garhwal Himalayan ranges.
Mussoorie is also known as Queen of the Hills, which stands at an altitude of 7000 feet above sea level. Its pristine and natural beauty makes it a very popular choice of holiday for honeymooners. The reason does not need to be guessed as it is evident in its being itself.
Best things to do in Mussoorie
1. You may walk along scenic paths of this beautiful honeymoon destination in India.
2. You visit some breathtaking attractions of Mussoorie like Kempty Falls, Gun Hill, Jwalaji Temple, Gun Hill, and many more.
3. Honeymooners also enjoy the cable ride and combine it with the sky bridge to.
4. If you are an adventure lover then do ziplining, paragliding, river rafting, and sky walking.
How to reach Mussoorie
By Air:- The nearest airport is Jolly Grant airport which is in Dehradun and it is approx than 54 km away from Mussoorie.
By Railway:- Nearest railway station is Dehradun Railway station, which is approx 36 km away from Mussoorie. You may easily take a taxi or car to reach Mussoorie.
By Road:- The Mussoorie is well connected by road, buses and taxi service is easily available from major cities of India to Mussoorie.
Ideal Honeymoon Duration:- 3 nights/4 days
Honeymoon Package for Mussoorie:- 16,000 INR
Suitable time to visit Mussoorie:- The best time to visit Mussoorie is from October to June.
Honeymoon Hotels in Mussoorie
1. Jaypee Residency Manor – Luxury Hotel in Mussoorie (5-Star Hotel)
Address:- Road, Barlow Ganj, Mussoorie, Uttarakhand 248122
2. JW Marriott Mussoorie Walnut Grove Resort & Spa (5-Star Hotel)
Address:- Village – Siya, Kempty Fall Road, Charleville, Mussoorie, Uttarakhand 248179
3. WelcomHotel The Savoy (4-Star Hotel)
Address:- Library Bazar, Gandhi Chowk, Mussoorie, Uttarakhand 248179
4. The Claridges Nabha Residence (4-Star Hotel)
Address:- Airfield Barlowganj, Mussoorie, Uttarakhand 248179
5. Rokeby Manor, Mussoorie (4-Star Hotel)
Address:- Rajmandi, Landour Cantt, Dehradun, Mussoorie, Uttarakhand 248179
Pondicherry is regarded as the best honeymoon place in India by many newlyweds. Couples can have romantic boating under the dark umbrella of trees and explore the fabulous Pichavaram Mangrove Forest, float past the amazing coastline of Pondicherry, and experience solitude at Ouster Lake.
This bohemian-chic destination in India is the perfect honeymoon place in India for the free-spirited couples. Known as ‘little Paris’ it is a lovely beach destination that features spellbinding beauty and charming French culture and architecture.
Best things to do in Pondicherry
- At Promenade Beach couples can enjoy a Beautiful Sunrise while holding each other’s hand feeling nature’s beauty.
- Birdwatching at Ousteri Lake is yet another fun thing to do.
- If a couple is a lover of water adventures can definitely try Scuba Diving at Temple Adventures Centre.
- Having a romantic walk along the seafront at Goubert Avenue will be an unforgettable experience.
How to reach Pondicherry
By Air:- Pondicherry airport is small aircraft airport not well connected to major cities but however, the nearest Chennai Airport is an international airport and well connected to all the major and small cities in the nation. You can easily have a cab or taxi to Pondicherry.
By Train:- Villupuram is the nearest Railway Station to Pondicherry and about 35 km away from the center city. The station is well connected to all tracks in the nation.
By Road:- National Highway 45 connects the city from major areas like Chennai which is about 150 km away and Banglore which is about 144 km away from the Pondicherry Main Stream.
Honeymoon Hotels in Pondicherry
1. Hotel Le Royal Park (3-star hotel)
Address:- 168, Kamaraj Salai, Saram, Puducherry, 605013
2. The Sunway Manor (3-star hotel)
Address:- 155/D, 100 Feet Rd, Bharathidasan Nagar, Mudaliarpet, Puducherry, 605004
3. Susanne Villa Resort (4-star resort)
Address:- Dr. Ambedkar Rd, Netaji Nagar No 2, Puducherry, 605004
4. La Villa (5-star hotel)
Address:- 11, Surcouf St, White Town, Puducherry, 605001
5. Hotel Atithi (4-star hotel)
Address:- 126, Sardar Vallabhai Patel Salai, Ponnaiyapet, Puducherry, 605001
With enticing mountains and the aromatic smell of coffee, the region is marvelous and charming. Located in Karnataka, Coorg (also spelled as Kogadu) is also known as the ‘Scotland of India’. If you are finding a place far from city noise to spent a cozy honeymoon time, Coorg can offer you the same.
Famous Abbey Falls and the Iruppu Falls will give you plenty of backdrops for clicking romantic pictures. These waterfalls are best visited after the monsoons. The Abbey Falls is bounded by the private coffee plantations covered with thick coffee bushes. Highlights of Coorg are Coffee Plantations, Historic Places, Waterfalls, Landscapes, Wildlife, Trekking, Hiking, Bird watching, Culture, and People.
Best things to do in Coorg
- Spend the day walking around Chikli Holé, holding hands.
- Stay at some cozy homestays for some quality time.
- Mandalpatti Viewpoint is the famous romantic spot at Coorg.
- A visit to Pushpagiri Wildlife Sanctuary should be at your list.
- A bare elephant camp is an exciting place at Coorg, where Elephants are friendly to the tourists. Dubare Elephant bathing is the world-famous activity of Coorg.
How to reach Kodaikanal
Air:- The nearest airport to Coorg lies at Mangalore, about 135 km away which is well connected most airlines.
Train:- The railway station nearest to Coorg is at Mysore, about 120 km away from the city center.
Road:- Coorg is well connected by road with all major cities in Karnataka.
Honeymoon Hotels in Coorg
1. Heritage Resort Coorg (4-star hotel)
Address:- 50/3, 1st Monnangeri Village Galibeedu, Madikeri, Karnataka 571201
2. TCreekside Cabin (3-star hotel)
Address:- Unnamed Road, Hebbettageri, Karnataka 571201
3. Taj Madikeri Resort & Spa (5-star hotel)
Address:- 1st Monnangeri, Galibeedu, Post, Madikeri, Karnataka 571201
4. The Tamara Coorg (5-star hotel)
Address:- The Tamara Coorg, Kabbinakad Estate, Yevakapadi, Napoklu Nad Madikeri, Karnataka 571212
5. Misty Woods Resort (4-star hotel)
Address:- Kakkabe Post, Yavakapadi Village, Kodagu District, Karnataka 571212
11. Kodaikanal, Tamilnadu
Kodaikanal is one among those places which are blessed with nature’s love. It is known for its greenery boundary by rocks, woods, serene lakes, and fresh air. Kodaikanal is also referred to as “The Princess of hill stations”.The word Kodaikanal can be split into two words ‘Kodai’ and ‘Kanal’ which in the Tamil language means ‘gift’ and’forest’ rendering Kodaikanal as ‘Gift of the forest’. There are more three possible interpretations in the Tamil language regarding the meaning of its name.
The city provides too many stunning views and locations which will be a fun experience to explore with your loved one. Belonging to Dindigul district in Tamilnadu. This place is the dream location for two people in love. Honeymooners who are found-of a peaceful place surely can look forward to this place. This place is exotic for your first romantic tour.
Best spots to visit in Kodaikanal
Kodaikanal has too many exciting spots to spend some quality time with your better half.
- Thalaiyar Falls
- Green Valley View
- Berijam Lake
- Dolphins Nose
- Kodaikanal Lake
- Silver Cascade Fall
- Silent Valley View Point
- Pillar Rocks
How to reach Kodaikanal
By Air:- Madurai International Airport is the nearest to Kodaikanal, approximately 120 km away from the city central market.
By Train:- Kodai railway station is the nearest railway station from Kodaikanal. This station is well connected to all major railway lines in the nation.
By Road:- Kodaikanal falls on National Highway 44 which is well connected to major cities and easy to approach.
Honeymoon Hotels in Kodaikanal
1. Villa Retreat, Kodaikanal (3-star hotel)
Address:- Coaker’s Walk, Noyce Road, Kodaikanal, Tamil Nadu 624101
2. The Carlton (3-star hotel)
Address:- Lake Rd, Kodaikanal, Tamil Nadu 624101
3. Lilly’s Valley (3-star hotel)
Address:- 17/178, Sivananda road, Kodaikanal, Tamil Nadu 624101
4. Hotel Kodai International (3-star hotel)
Address:- 17/328, Laws Ghat Rd, Kodaikanal, Tamil Nadu 624101
5. Green Pastures Kodaikanal by Hill Country (4-star hotel)
Address:- Arackal Road, Attuvampatti, Kodaikanal, Tamil Nadu 624101
If you are planning for your honeymoon and don’t yet to select your destination, then don’t be worry here we come with a long list of top honeymoon destinations in India. In this article, you get all the information about your favorite honeymoon destination. All the places on the list give you an unforgettable memory that you should not be forgotten in your whole life. Every destination has its own story. So don’t be late just pack your bags and go!