Allegiant Air is a major low-cost airline carrier based in the U.S. state of Nevada and serves over a hundred destinations throughout the United States. You can easily upgrade seats on Allegiant Air because Allegiant Air gives its customers the opportunity to choose seats in advance, while also assigning random seats to passengers. But, if you are looking for a seat upgrade, there are a couple of ways that you can go about it.
In this guide, we will take a look at how you can upgrade your seat when traveling on an Allegiant Air flight.
Things to Know about Allegiant Air’s Seat Upgrades
Allegiant Air allows its customers to customize their tickets through two options. There is a free option, in which the airline carrier randomly assigns seats to its customers. The other option is to allow its customers to purchase their choice of seats. If you are traveling with a companion, you will be required to purchase your preferred seating reservation in advance. However, depending on the availability of seats, you may or may not get the seating that you desire. Thus, the availability of seats also plays a key role, whether you are purchasing seats or upgrading your current seat reservation to another cabin class.
Like many US-based airline carriers that offer rewards in points for every mile traveled, Allegiant Air too, offers such rewards points to its frequent flyers. In addition, when you fly with Allegiant, you can earn 1 point per $1 on other purchases as well. When you earn thousands of bonus points on Allegiant trips and shopping online at their partner retailers, you could use these reward points to also get upgrades for your seat.
Ways You Can Upgrade Seat on Allegiant Air Flight
Similar to many airline carriers based in the United States that offer convenience and comfort to their passengers throughout the journey, Allegiant Air is not left behind either. If you wish to upgrade your seat after purchasing the ticket, you can easily do so in one or more ways.
Upgrading Seat Online
If you wish to travel with the most comfortable experience, you can upgrade your seat reservation to a higher cabin class online. There are just a few simple steps that you will need to follow in order to avail the upgrade. The steps are given below.
1. First, you will need to go to Allegiant Air’s official website. Open a web browser on your computer or smartphone device and visit https://www.allegiantair.com.
2. Now, when you are on their website, click the “Manage Travel” option that is located at the top menu.
3. After clicking the “Manage Travel” option, you will be directed automatically to the “My Trips” page. Here, you will be able to manage your reservation and even make upgrades.
4. On the “My Trips” page, you will be provided three methods to access your itinerary. These options include a confirmation number, e-mail, or credit/debit card.
5. Select your desired method of choice and provide the details that are asked in the fields. Click the “Find My Trip” button to proceed. A summary of your itinerary will be displayed on the screen. Also, any eligible upgrades available along with their fee will also be displayed here.
Note: For instance, selecting the first method i.e., by confirmation number, you will need to enter the passenger’s first and last name and the confirmation number for your reservation.
6. If there is an upgrade option available to you, proceed by following the on-screen instructions.
Once you have provided the necessary details, it may take a few moments to verify your details and check your eligibility as well. After your details are verified and you are eligible for the upgrade, your seat will be upgraded to a higher cabin class and a confirmation will be sent to you via e-mail.
Upgrading Seat via Phone
You can also obtain a seat upgrade on your reservation by contacting Allegiant Air’s reservations center via phone. The steps for this method are given below.
1. You will need to call the airline’s reservations at +1 702 505 8888.
2. When you call a live person on their customer service center, you may be greeted with an automated voice system. You may be provided with several options to choose from.
3. Depending on the type of your query, simply select the relevant option by pressing the associated number/character.
4. You will be connected to a live representative in moments’ time. The representative will assist you with your upgrade request to make things easier for you.
Note: Sometimes, there may be high call traffic for which you may have to wait in the queue for a few minutes, or perhaps, even longer.
5. Make sure to have your flight details and the confirmation number handy as you will be asked to provide these details to the representative assisting you on the phone.
The representative will carry out the validation procedure of your itinerary. Also, if there is upgrade eligibility available on your ticket, you will be informed along with applicable charges.
Once you are successfully upgraded to a more comfortable cabin class, the confirmation will be sent to you via e-mail.
Upgrading Seat Directly at the Airport
Another option is to purchase a seat upgrade at the airport that serves Allegiant Air flights. You will need to go to the airport counter to request an upgrade before your flight’s departure. Keep in mind that you will be required to present your flight reservation details, documents, and ID proof, if necessary.
Most travelers may find this method quite direct and useful among others that are mentioned above. One key reason here is that you get to personally interact with the agent at the airport who can assist you with the request.
Getting an upgrade for your seat reservation on Allegiant Air flight is not a difficult task. It’s just that the airline carrier tries to keep the process as straightforward as possible for its customers.
Offering a number of upgrade options to customers is thus, a crucial thing for not just Allegiant Air, but other airline carriers in general.
Read Also: Things to know before you fly Allegiant Air