Volaris Airlines is a low-cost domestic and international airline carrier based in Mexico’s Santa Fe district. The airline offers affordable fares and their main routes are within the North, Central and South America and the neighbouring coastlines. However, if you have purchased a ticket for your trip and wish to make an upgrade, then this blog will be of some use to you.
In this guide, we will take a look at what options are offered to Volaris passengers with regard to Upgrade Seat On Volaris Airlines to fly in comfort.
Things to Know about Volaris Airlines Seat Upgrades
Volaris Airlines is Mexico’s budget airline carrier, but it also offers a number of options to its customers. Whether you want to avail waiver on checked baggage, ticket discounts or even an upgrade to your current reservation, they give you some options.
You will, however, find a few things in Volaris Airlines’ cabin selection that are quite different from other US-based airline carriers. The airline’s cabins are usually managed in a single class, high density layout. A few years back, for some reason, Volaris decided to scape away some of their in-flight services, which is in-flight entertainment (IFE). This entertainment system consisted of drop-down screens on their Airbus aircraft that were later made unavailable.
Also, most of the in-flight services are offered to customers for purchase. This means there may be very few in-flight services that could be offered as complimentary.
VClub Frequent Flyer Membership Program
Volaris’ VClub frequent flyer program is similar to those of popular airline carriers in the United States and overseas. Customers that become members of this program are offered several perks, which include special fares, services, last minute travel deals and much more. The membership is offered both as individual and group, and the payments can be made either monthly or annually. In addition, Volaris Airlines offers VPass, which is quite similar to, for instance, Spirit Airlines’”$9 Fare Club”. With the help of this VPass, you will be offered a set subscription price, and you will be charged for taxes and additional services only. But, that’s not all. Using the VPass, you can also book codeshare flights and earn rewards points through their partner, Frontier Airlines, which is also a US-based ultra low-cost airline carrier.
Thus, if you are a member of the airline’s VClub program, chances are, you could be able to avail an upgrade for your seat to a higher cabin class.
Ways to Upgrade a Seat on Volaris Airlines Flight
Generally speaking, Volaris customers can upgrade their seats either online or by contacting the airline’s customer support centre via phone.
Upgrading your seat online
If you booked your seat in a basic cabin and wish to get an upgrade, you can probably do this by visiting their website Volaris.com.
The steps for this are given as follows:
1. On your computer or smartphone device, open a web browser and go to the “My Trips” page. The URL for the page is https://mytrips.volaris.com.
2. You may be required to first login using your Volaris account credentials. So, if you already had signed up while making your reservation, click the Sign In button located in the upper right corner and login. Once logged in, you will be provided with one or more options that will allow you to manage your flight reservation on the go.
3. Since you want to upgrade your seat to a higher cabin class, select the relevant options. You will be asked to select your flight that you wish to either change or upgrade.
4. Next, you may be required to provide additional details, such as passenger’s name and the ticket/reservation number to make the upgrade. If asked, provide the details as given on your flight’s ticket.
Note: The approval or rejection of your seat upgrade request will depend on the availability of seats. Also, if there are any fees charged for the upgrade, it will be shown on the screen when you proceed toward checkout.
5. If there is an upgrade available for your seat on the same flight, you can proceed to complete the process by following the on-screen instructions. Keep in mind the process could take a few minutes.
Once your upgrade has been confirmed, you will be informed via e-mail. So, make sure that you have access to your e-mail account at the time.
Upgrading your seat via phone
There is another easier way to upgrade your seat on Volaris Airlines, and that is by directly contacting the airline’s customer centre on the phone.
The steps are given as follows:
1. Volaris offers dedicated phone numbers to its customers that may contact them from different regions within the United States.
2. If you are calling from Mexico, you will need to dial (55) 1102 8000. Or, if you are calling from North or Central America, you will need to dial the phone number +1 855 VOLARIS (8652747).
3. Upon dialling their customer service number, you may be greeted with an automated voice system. And, if you are offered options, simply select the one that is relevant to you.
4. You will be connected to a live representative who will assist you during the call.
5. If asked, you will need to provide details of your flight reservation to the representative in order check the verification and availability of seats.
Note: If there is a seat to a higher cabin class available on your reservation, the representative will carry out the necessary procedure for you while on the phone. This could also some time and you may have to wait.
If everything goes well, the representative assisting you on the phone will get you the upgrade. Keep in mind that there may be a service fee charged for the upgrade and you can make the payment using a credit card, or through other options that are available.
Now, depending on the region that you may be calling Volaris’ customer centre, they therefore, provide different phone numbers. These are listed below:
- Mexico: (55) 1102 8000
- United States: +1 855 VOLARIS (8652747)
- Guatemala: +502 2301 3939
- Costa Rica: +506 4 0000 229
- El Salvador: +503 2504 5540
- TTY for the Hearing Impaired: (855) 425-2002
Also, keep in mind that their response time may could be effectively higher. In addition, you may also contact Volaris through their social media platforms, like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Whatsapp.
Upgrading your seat at the airport
Another very common way to request a seat upgrade for your current flight reservation is by directly visiting the airport that serves Volaris Airlines. The airline may allow its customers to make changes to their flight at the airport before their flight’s scheduled departure. So, keep in mind to be at the airport at least a few hours prior to the departure time of your Volaris flight.
When you go to the airport, make sure to carry your documents and an ID proof, as you may be asked to present them.
Flying to your destination on Volaris flight is pretty much affordable and you can avail a few perks as well. And, as far as seat upgrade is concerning you, you have the option to go for an upgrade and travel in the comfort you desire.