How To Get Cheap Flight Ticket? (6 Tips & Tricks That Really Works)
People who are passionate about exploring new destinations, traveling must never stop. But sometimes moving requires money and one of the major things that can help you is a cheap flight ticket. I think we all have been there to determine, find the cheap flight ticket but somehow ending up just glued to the laptop screens for hours on end.
Nowadays the latest and greatest comparison websites trying to find cheap flight tickets and deals to make your dream place or destination be a plan. To find the cheap flight ticket is not always easy, especially nowadays where multiple search options, comparison websites, and fluctuating prices.
If someone who wants to travel all the time, there’s no way that you would wait for some festive season or off-season when most of the major airline’s company come up with cheap flight tickets or give some discount in flight tickets.
The truth is, you may take the discount on your flight tickets at any time of the year. Never fear amigos, after almost a decade of traveling the world on a budget. Below are some tips and tricks just you need to simply follow these ever a time when you book your flight tickets.
- Your Searches must be top secret.
- Use the Best flight search engine.
- Search for the cheapest day to fly.
- Get budge airlines.
- Check Foreign currency is cheaper to pay.
- Buy cheap Flight tickets in bulk.
1. Your searches must be top secret (Use incognito mode)
When your searches for a while now, the price started out ok but you thought you could do better. But suddenly the Airfare is increasing high. Now the question is how the cheap flight ticket fare suddenly disappears!
Well let me tell you, based on the cookies in your browser, flight tickets do increase when a particular route is repeatedly searched. The basic reason behind that the site wants to scare you into booking the flight quickly before prices get even higher.
I suggest that always search for flights in incognito mode or private browsing mode to see the Cheap flight ticket.
2. Use the Best Flight Search Engines
You may always use multiple flight comparison sites to get a cheap flight ticket. The list of comparison sites seems to get longer every day which makes finding cheap flight tickets even more time consuming and repetitive.
Cheap flight ticket booking sites
Now, not a single search engine is consistently perfect. As such, you have to need to try a combination of different best flight search engines to ensure you are not missing any result. There are does not mean to be one that gets the cheap flight ticket 100% of the time.
3. Search for the cheapest day to fly
There are multiple theories are in the market and of those are booking on Tuesday you may get a cheap flight ticket. But the reality is there is no consistent truth to exactly which days you will get the cheap flight ticket. All the time, traveling in the midweek of the month is more likely to get a cheap flight ticket than comparison on weekends.
Now the question is how do you find the day when cheap flight tickets are available or day is the cheapest day to fly? I think searching for every comparison site at least 7 times each would take ages!
Your good strategy is to get a quick visual of prices for a whole month to see what days give you a cheap flight ticket for your specific path.
Here are some steps you may simply follow-
- Go to the Airlines websites or you may download the app
- Enter the details of your journey (depart and arrival)
- Click on the box where you would simply pop a date in and instead, select the entire month. If you know which date of the month you travel, select it. But if you are flexible to select the cheapest month date.
- The entire search will show which month of date will you get the cheap flight ticket to fly out and what date to fly back.
4. Get Budget Airlines
You may also get a cheap flight ticket from budget airlines that offer significantly cheap flight tickets with their full-service counterparts. That is obvious, but this will comes with some term and conditions like
- Less legroom
- No free (Food/Drink) on board
- Consider budget airlines I think it is a great way to save your money.
Here are some list of budget Airline from a different country-
5. Check Foreign Currencies is Cheaper To Pay
You will check before booking the flight ticket, it is cheaper to book in foreign currencies. Few cases show that budget airlines will make you pay in the other currency of the country you are departing from, but this is not possible in all cases.
- Before paying, you make sure you are in incognito mode
- A location setting of your device is off
- Or you may have activated the VPN (Virtual Private Network)
Note:- When you pay to make sure you are using a credit card because it is free of foreign transaction fees. If you don’t do this then you lose the chance to get a cheap flight ticket. So be careful when you pay.
Suggested Read: How to Set Up Google Flight Alerts For Better Flight Value?
6. Buy Cheap Flight Ticket In Bulk
There is a simple rule, you may get better value on your cheap flight ticket if you buy more at the same time, but there is only possible if they are in the same airline or airlines in the same alliance (for example- Star Alliance).
Let’s take an example for better understanding-
- Flying with a return ticket from New York City to London with United Airlines will be cheaper than two one way tickets.
- There is another way that buys flight tickets in bulk for less is with world tickets and regional passes.
Some Important Facts
- Always use the right search engine for booking flights.
- For consistent Pricing, you always search in incognito mode
- Buy tickets in bulk for getting cheap flight ticket fare
- Do not wait for a sale, your savings are generally bigger the further ahead you book
- You also get enough points for a free flight just by signing up
Saving of money is not a bad idea, for flight tickets, there are many ways to get cheap flight tickets. Above the information helps to get your ticket in your budget price. Simply tricks are followed by you will get a better chance to save some money. If these tips and tricks, you may like then don’t hesitate to share this article with your friends and relatives.