10 Best Places To Visit In Morocco To Gloom The Blue City
Confused about whether to visit Morocco or not?
Don’t Worry! Have a fleeting look at this article, and explore the best places to visit in Morocco, pretty sure you will change your earlier planned tourist spot and will surely move towards “Morocco”.
It is a place of spirituality and historical importance, it has lots of travel attractions & things to do. This north African country will serve you adventures African safari holiday plan.
People come here to see the different and old cultures prevailing here which cannot be experienced anywhere else. It is a blend of different cultures and delicious food with an endless number of shopping avenues that are worth the time and money spent.
Here is the list of best exploring places in Morocco which are exclusively for the wanderers and explorers. Explorers can visit many different places in “Morocco” like Ait Ben Haddou, Hassan II Mosque, rabat and many more…
Top Morocco Tourist Attractions
1. Marrakesh Medina
This city is full of energy having an attractive background and one of the best places to visit in Morocco. It’s said to be one of the best spring vacation destinations in the world.
From the mid-morning, the sound of snake charmers flute starts and continues till the sunset till the hot sizzling grills are not prepared, you are very likely to see a monkey in the cage kept for entertainment.
But beware of pickpockets and rogue gropers who are known to work at the crowded place at the time of sunset. It is an experience of colorful and noisy local life which must not be missed on your Moroccan sightseeing trails. Ever since from back AD, this plaza was a site of public execution.
Famous places to visit in Marrakech Medina
- Jardin Majorelle- A creation of the french painter who nearly spent 40 years in creating this magical garden having more than 300 species of stunning plants.
- Visit a hammam- indulge your body and relieve your daily stress and take a massage of getting a sense of well being.
- The Koutoubia Mosque- the largest mosque in Marrakesh, Koutoubia not only for a spiritual center but also for the reference of international architecture.
Get to know more by taking day trips from Marrakech.
2. Hassan II Mosque
The Hassan II Mosque in Casablanca is the largest in Africa and the third-largest Mosque in the world. The mosque is built partially on land and half on the Atlantic ocean.
It is an iconic place not only for the city but also for Morocco itself. It is one of the eco-friendly places to visit in Morocco because it is free from noise and pollution and receive a fresh breeze of the ocean.
The giant mosque is a great example of pride in Islam and all the workers who continuously worked in its construction…
So if you are planning to move towards Morocco go and see the sky touching prayer house which is a masterpiece of architecture.
Some interesting facts of the Hassan II mosque
- Mosque has the highest Minarets in the world
- 25000 people can worship inside and 80000 outside the mosque.
3. Ait Ben Haddou
This golden stoned fortress looks that it is out of the Earth but abruptly it is a place which is located in Morocco and one of the famous places to visit in Morocco.
Till now people of Ait Ben Haddou live in earthen clay houses but most of the citizens attracted by the tourists move in the modern dwelling even know there are six families who are residing in Moroccan earthen clay architecture. Due to which it has been a UNESCO world heritage site since 1987.
It has been a popular film location due to the surreal attractiveness of the place. Tourists can even sleep and have a night stay to get a full Ait Ben Haddou experience but those who like comfort must be aware that there is no electricity facility within the forts itself.
Planning to visit morocco’s island then it should be listed in your must-visit place in your bucket list and prioritize this location for the visit.
Some interesting facts of Ait Ben Haddou
- Traditional mud-brick on the edge of high Altas mountain
- UNESCO listed heritage and shooted Jerusalem in many Hollywood movies.
This city is the former capital of Morocco and is still the countries important religious and cultural center.
Home to the University of Al-Karaouine, the world’s oldest university, the fez is the only place where you can find the old walled part of the city which was founded in the 9th century, recognized by UNESCO.
Travelers must begin their visit from Fes el Bali, where goods are transported by donkey and pushcarts. This is only the largest car-free area in the world by population. And also there are plenty of hotels to stay in and restaurants to eat. Fez is an inspiring blend of old or new.
Some interesting facts of Fez
- As it is the former capital of Morocco
- It is accredited with the oldest wall, which was made in the 9th century and is recognized by UNESCO.
- The largest car-free area in the world.
This is one of the top tourist places to visit in Morocco from the point of their attraction.
It is not only because of getting rid of the heat and bustling situation but it is more important to the people who are a great seeker of the third season of “Game of Thrones” which was a popular series whose shots were taken here. It was a popular beach hangout for famous singers like Jimi Hendrix and Bob Marley.
The whitewashed home provides a scenic backdrop for a breezy seaside adventure, which includes kitesurfing and windsurfing.
The city’s Madina till now features the older technique for wood carving and cabinet making. Essaouira is a natural port, formerly known as Mogador. It has been prized for remaining as such from the 1st century.
Some interesting facts of Essaouira
- You can see the natural port which remains the same since the 1st century.
- See the Gnaoua World Music Festival held every year.
- Famous for its mouth-watering seafood restaurants.
This is one that sets among the riff mountain, it is also known as the blue city is a small town in a huge landscape.
Among the visitors to Morocco, this is one of the famous places to visit in Morocco to explore the town painted in blue and white color which creates a scenic view. The people in Morocco are super friendly, so you will surely get pleasing hospitality which makes one of the best places to visit in Morocco.
As it is a little bit colder in Chefchaouen in March so its recommend bringing some sweater for your comfortability. It is more popular among shoppers who can find Moroccan handicrafts, such as woven blankets, not found elsewhere in the country.
The best part is that when you go there don’t forget to eat goat cheese salad, walnuts, raisins, and all sorts of yummy stuff which is the most delicious food of Chefchaouen.
Some interesting facts of Chefchaouen
- The whole town is painted in blue color which creates a massive attraction.
- The best example of handicraft which cannot be seen anywhere, i.e handwoven blankets and many more.
- The best part of food is that cheese salad so remember that eat it and experience the best in Chefchaouen.
- Go hiking and wild swimming in the surrounding countryside.
The desert is the place where you can find mental satisfaction with exploring new things that may be camel safaris, interact with native people which creates a vivid pitcher in the mind, for the natives and the surrounding.
Travelers who are looking for a unique experience can take a late-night camel ride, through deep reddish dunes. Most of the tour operators set up a tent for visitors in the desert. Dinner also cooked by them, and some song is played for the visitors for the purpose of refreshment under the zillion stars.
Some interesting facts of Merzouga
- Best time to travel is from October to February when the atmosphere is a little bit cooler compared to the rest of the year
- Merzouga is particularly extraordinary during sunrise and sunset
- The most reliable way to explore the exciting natural surrounding of Merzouga is on camelback- it’s truly an unforgettable experience.
It is situated on the coast, are the country’s capital and one of the top places to visit in Morocco. The year-round good weather and tranquil beaches are only are a couple of reasons behind its popularity. There are many types of beaches, places, and museums.
Rabat is well served by trains as you can easily access the most places. Marrakesh is nearly 4hr journey, the fez is 2½ hr and Casablanca in 1hr. It is possible to get a bus from any part of the country’s location to Rabat, but it is hard to locate Rabat as none or very few buses stop here.
So it is good to use GPS, ask someone which is the correct stop or use a decent street map to work out where you are and where you want to go.
Some interesting facts of Rabat
- Jazz Au Chellah is the festival which is organized each year in June by the ministry of culture, the city, and the European delegation.
- The most awaited festival by the local people is Mawazine it is the world’s music festival that takes place annually in Rabat featuring Arab, in the month of May.
- In the center there are often inexpensive food stalls around the medina, serving salad sandwiches and delicious fish.
in 1960, it was destroyed in the earthquakes, due to a great bustle in the area due to the disaster of nature. Now it finally managed to stand up from the ashes. A developing seaside town with a beautiful waterfront with a benchmark of a survivor of natural disaster standing with pride and has turned into one of the top places to visit in morocco.
Agadir caters mainly package for family holidaymakers so it is not useful for independent travelers as it will not give more enjoyment to a single or independent person. Families will totally enjoy relaxing on the beach and seeing a handful of sights
It is standing at the edge of the Sahara desert for nearly 100 years and the city is full of palm trees, sandy streets and fort-like building which can be seen in hundreds of movies.
Inside the walls of these cities, you can see many new hotels and complexes, with film studios which make this place a photogenic location. Many people come here to see the Sahara with, nearby villages and kasbah.
If you want to experience the cultural festival then May is a suitable time for your door visit to the desert. As you can see the rose festival in which the environment is very much full of rose scent. They extract rose water from petal which is really a hard job which takes 2000kilos of the petal to extract 1lt of rose water.
And at night they celebrate the harvesting by dancing singing through the night in the market which creates a wonderful moment for the visitors and the people residing there.
Some interesting facts of Ouarzazate
- Ouarzazate is standing at the edge of the Sahara which gives a realistic view of Sahara.
- Famous for Hollywood film shooting spot.
These above are the 10 best places to visit in Morocco which you can explore and have great fun with your friends and families.
If you are dealing with a fixed budget, personally recommends you to visit Marrakech Medina and Agadir. These two places are very pocket-friendly. you seriously will fall in love with both of the destinations and you will cherish the memorable moments of your visit.
Wishing you a good time in Morocco!