Fall in “LOVE” with Best Cities In The World To Visit in 2023-24 (Visitors Choice)
What’s the most tremendous city in the world? It’s not an easy question to answer – after all, cities are full of people and people are full of contravention.
Some inmates want world-beating restaurants and remarkable things to do at every turn. Others prefer affordability, good civil transportation, or quite an environment. Food, drink, culture, nightlife, community, neighborhoods, overall happiness, and other factors are also remarkable whiles deciding.
Still, we think we’ve found a way to discover what makes a city great to visit – By visitors poll at Treknova. So here is our visitor’s choice list of the Best Cities To Visit In The World.
- Paris, France – The beautiful city of light
- Hong Kong, China – The Fragrant Harbour of the World
- Rio de Janeiro, Brazil – The marvelous city
- Sydney, Australia – The Magnificent Emerald City
- New Delhi, India – City of Rallies
- Tokyo, Japan – The City of 808 Villages
- Toronto, Canada – The Elegant Queen City
- Singapore, Asia – The Lion City
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates – The Gulf Tiger
1. Paris, France – The beautiful city of light
Starting with Hollywood’s favorite city of romance, the City of Light draws millions of visitors every year from the world with its unforgettable experience. It is one of the World’s Top destinations which will make you wish to stay here forever. The divine cuisine and some vast art collections are as precious as the famous Eiffel Tower making Paris the city of “many splendors”.
Every first-time tourist to Paris has probably seen a punch list of the top Parisian attractions to see, including the Arc de Triomphe, Notre Dame, the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre, and more. But believe us when we say that the city is as enjoyable as tourist attractions if not more with local Perisian travel hacks.
No matter how many attractions you visit, make sure to have a peaceful time in local cafes, restaurants, and bistros. Don’t forget to shop as well; there are various marketplaces to choose from, whether your preferences are a flea market or Louis Vuitton.
Best Things to Do in Paris:
- Musée du Louvre
- Notre-Dame Cathedral
- Eiffel Tower
- Le Marais
- Sacred Heart Basilica of Montmartre
Best Hotels in Paris:
- Ritz Paris
- La Reserve Paris
- Hotel Plaza Athenee
- Le Bristol Paris
- Four Seasons Hotel George V
2. Hong Kong, China – The Fragrant Harbour of the World
Hong Kong is an autonomous territory, ranking first in the world for the number of skyscrapers. Despite being a densely populated urban center, Hong Kong’s renowned attractions will keep you captured in its beauty. Hong Kong is a popular shopping destination known for its Chinese Temple Street Market and bespoke tailors.
With its dynamic and diverse culture and breathtaking cityscape, it stands out from its Chinese brothers like Shanghai and Beijing. This is a great city for people on the hunt for an adventure. Stop at a street vendor for fish balls, wife cakes, pineapple buns, and egg whiskers to get a feel of the local Hong Kong life. If you’re not in the mood for regional or Chinese specialties, consider some luxury cuisine prepared by some of the best chefs in the world.
Best Things to Do in Hong Kong:
- Chi Lin NUnnery
- Nan Lian Garden
- Hong Kong Museum of History
- Star Ferry
- Victoria Peak
- Street Markets
- Lantau Island
- Hong Kong Disneyland
Best Hotels in Hong Kong:
- Cordis Hong Kong at Langham Place
- Four Seasons Hotel Hong Kong
- The Upper House
- Mandarin Oriental
- The Ritz Carlton
3. Rio de Janeiro, Brazil – The marvelous city
Welcome to this marvelous holiday paradise known for its world-famous carnivals. Rio de Janeiro is a massive beachfront city in Brazil, famous for the Copacabana and Ipanema beaches, the 38-meter-tall Christ the Redeemer Statue atop Mount Corcovado, the Sugar Mountains, and many more heart-warming attractions.
The City is famous for its sprawling town and its Carnaval festivals. Rio de Janeiro has more to offer than you would think, with spectacular vistas from the Corcovado Mountains to its stores and marketplaces. Apart from that, the entire city holds their love for sports and games very dearly. The tourist attractions of Rio de Janeiro are all awe-striking and are epic examples of authenticity and art.
Rio de Janeiro’s must-try activities:
- Corcovado Christ the Redeemer
- Centro Cultural Banco do Brasil
- Prainha Beach
- Ipanema Beach
- Sugarloaf Mountain
- Jardim Botânico
Best Hotels in Rio de Janeiro:
- JW Marriott Hotel
- Santa Teresa Hotel RJ MGallery By Sofitel
- Sheraton Grand Rio Hotel & Resort
- Caesar Park
- Sofitel Rio de Janeiro Copacabana
- Arena Copacabana Hotel
- PortoBay Rio Internacional
4. Sydney, Australia – The Magnificent Emerald City
Sydney is well-known for the Harbourfront Sydney Opera House and the magnificent Harbour Bridge. City slickers, culture vultures, and beach bombs equally contribute to the magnificence of the Emerald City. It is also home to some of Australia’s famous travel bloggers with a passionate love for traveling.
Climb to the top of the Harbour Bridge and go via the skywalk on the Sydney Tower for 360-degree views of the city. The Rock area and Pitt Streets have excellent retail opportunities. The fact that Sidney offers something for everyone gets it a spot on our list.
Best Things to Do in Sydney:
- Sydney Harbour Bridge
- Opera House Sydney
- Royal Botanic Garden Sydney
- Shelly Beach
- Bondi Beach
- The Rocks
Best Hotels in Sydney:
- Amora Hotel Jamison
- Four Seasons Hotel
- Park Hyatt
- Pullman at Olympic Park
- Quay West Suites Sydney
5. New Delhi, India – City of Rallies
Famous by the name of the City of Rallies, New Delhi is the fourth-most-populous town capital of India. Home to many historic monuments and events this mighty city will not disappoint you in the least. From Delhi’s Shopping Markets (Chandni Chowk, Dilli Haat, Sarojini Nagar) to historical monuments (Red Fort, Qutub Minar, Sansad Bhavan), from religious places(Gurudwara Bangla Sahib, Akshardham, Jama Masjid) to street food heaven(Moolchand, Connaught Place, Yashwant Place), Delhi has something new on every street.
Best Things to Do in New Delhi:
- Swaminarayan Akshardham
- Lodhi Garden
- Humayun’s Tomb
- Gurudwara Bangla Sahib
- Qutub Minar
- Taj Mahal
- India Gate
- Rashtrapati Bhavan
Best Hotels in New Delhi:
- Colonel’s Retreat At The Airport
- Roseate House
- The Leela Ambience Convention Hotel
- Hotel Amax Inn
- Eros Hotel
- The Lalit
- The Park New
6. Tokyo, Japan – The City of 808 Villages
The capital city of Japan, Tokyo was known by the name of Edo meaning “the city of 808 Villages”. Despite the natural disasters, Tokyo along with rest of the Japan stands straight proudly depicting its culture, technology, and history to the rest of the World.
The world already knows Tokyo for its up-to-date technology which is also reflected in its larger-than-life monuments such as 634 meters high Tokyo Skytree, 115-acre vast worth your attention.
The traditional and ancient Rokyo is something that will surely have your heart melting including the traditional district of Asakusa, the shopping street of Nakamise, the oldest temples of Sensoji, and many more such attractions.
Best Things to Do in Tokyo:
- Shibuya Scramble Crossing
- Make famous Matcha Green Tea
- Explore Japan Tower
- visit Ueno Park
- High-tech Dinner in Robot Restaurant
- Watch Sumo wrestling
- MORI Building Digital Art Museum
Best Hotels in Tokyo:
- Mandarin Oriental
- Hotel New Otani
- Trunk (House)
- Aman Tokyo
- Conrad Tokyo
- Shangri-La Hotel
- Four Seasons Hotel Tokyo at Marunouchi
7. Toronto, Canada – The Elegant Queen City
The capital of Canada, Toronto is the most diverse city in terms of culture and hence it harbors the most diversity in its tourism. A big part of the tourism is diverted from Niagara Falls which is just a short drive away from Toronto.
From the lovers of classical music to the hobbyist of fine dining and wine tasting, from the historic nerds to the unique collectors, the city opens a gate to the most precious gems. And the best part is that you don’t even have to choose among them. All the attractions are conveniently close to each other that can easily be covered with Toronto’s well-laid subway system and well-managed airports such as Pearson International Airport.
Best Things to Do in Toronto:
- Toronto Islands
- St. Lawrence Market
- Distillery District
- Roam around the Gothic Revival castle
- Museum of Hockey Hall of Fame
- Toronto Zoo
- Ripley’s Aquarium
Best Hotels in Toronto:
- The Ritz-Carlton
- Four Seasons Hotel
- Shangri-La Hotel
- Templar Hotel
- The Hazelton Hotel
- Fairmont Royal York
- The St. Regis Toronto
8. Singapore, Asia – The Lion City
With its magnificent architecture, delectable cuisine, and world-class attractions, this tiny city-state packs a powerful impact. Explore the thriving areas of Little India and Chinatown, ride the Singapore Flyer, or pay a visit to the famous Marina Bay Sands. Grab your tickets from National Airlines of Singapore and experience the thrill of the Lion City.
Singapore is a thriving city-state that provides a variety of sights and activities. Some of the top attractions and activities in Singapore are listed below:
- Marina Bay Sands: This well-known hotel and resort have a rooftop infinity pool, a retail center, a casino, and stunning city views.
- Gardens by the Bay is a futuristic park with a variety of exotic plants and tall artificial trees that glow at night.
- Sentosa Island: This island resort is home to golf courses, entertainment parks, and Singapore’s renowned Universal Studios.
- Chinatown: There are many different Chinese stores, eateries, and temples in this ancient neighborhood.
- The famous Singaporean landmark Merlion Park is home to a statue of a legendary animal with a lion’s head and a fish’s body.
- Singapore Zoo: More than 2,800 creatures from all over the world can be found in this acclaimed zoo.
- Clarke Quay: This riverside district is famous for its nightlife and restaurants.
9. Dubai, United Arab Emirates – The Gulf Tiger
Dubai is one of the top luxury holiday destinations including an ultra-modern metropolis. Dubai provides a look into the future of urban living with its soaring skyscrapers and enormous shopping centers. Dubai is a city known for its luxurious shopping, stunning architecture, and modern infrastructure and we cannot forget Dubai’s pretty parks. Here are some of the best places to visit and things to do in Dubai:
- The Burj Khalifa, the tallest structure in the world, offers tourists breathtaking views of the city from its observation deck, which is located on the 124th floor.
- One of the biggest shopping centers in the world, Dubai Mall has over 1,200 stores, an aquarium, a theme park indoors, and an ice rink the size of an Olympic stadium.
- Visit the Dubai Fountain outside the glamorous Dubai Mall which is the largest choreographed fountain system in the world. It has daily musical performances.
- Around 45 million flowers in various forms and styles are put in the magnificent Dubai Miracle Garden.
- Ski Dubai: This indoor ski resort, which is situated in the Mall of the Emirates, provides a variety of winter sports activities, such as skiing, snowboarding, and tobogganing.
- Dubai Museum: This museum, which displays Dubai’s history and culture, is situated in the venerable Al Fahidi Fort.
- See the Dubai Desert on a tour that includes camel riding, dune-bashing, and customary Bedouin pursuits like henna art, falconry, and belly dancing.
So at the end of the blog, we can definitely say that we have tried to mention all the best cities of the World, that are loved by people from all over the world and are being added to the next travel list at the current moment. Read over to discover them all, and prepare your travel plans to these cities soon.
Till then lots of love- Treknova.